WASM-4 is fantasy console for any language that can output small WebAssembly (wasm).
WASM-4 includes direct support for AssemblyScript, C, C++, D, Go, Nelua, Nim, Odin, Rust, WAT, & Zig. Other languages have also been used. See the site for full documentation!
- Display: 160x160 pixels, 4 customizable colors, updated at 60 Hz.
- Memory: 64 KB linear RAM, memory-mapped I/O, save states.
- Cartridge Size Limit: 64 KB.
- Input: Keyboard, mouse, touchscreen, up to 4 gamepads.
- Audio: 2 pulse wave channels, 1 triangle wave channel, 1 noise channel.
- Disk Storage: 1024 bytes.
- Optional themes to use for inspiration: Gifts, Cycle, Journey
- We'll have a week of community evaluation on itch.io after the jam closes, with criteria: fun, unique, polished, graphics, sound, & controls.
- No NSFW nor discriminatory content (see Contributor Covenant 2.1 for what that means)
- The jam is a week and more to accommodate different schedules. Don't feel like you need to spend all your time on it during the week. Do what works for you!
- You don't have to share your source code, but it's encouraged!
- If you've already started something for WASM-4, feel free to finish and submit it.
- If you've already submitted a WASM-4 game elsewhere, start something new. (But feel free to reuse some code or assets.)
- We'll announce one or more optional prompt themes when the jam starts for those who want some inspiration to get started.
- No prizes, but highlight games will be featured in a video on the Context Free channel on YouTube.
Have fun, and make awesome small things!