Welcome to the JUICE JAM
Spend a week making a game that feels great. We're talking as much SCREENSHAKE, PARTICLE EFFECTS, HITSTOP and other AUDIOVISUAL AWESOMENESS as you can cram into your game.
THE THEME IS...
Good luck and happy jamming!
❓What is it❓
An 8-day-long game making competition focused on making the juiciest games possible
❓Who can enter❓
Everyone! Any age, from any where, with any team size
❓What should I use❓
Any engine you like! Or none at all! Any assets you have the legal right to use can be used for the jam (as long as they are credited), any skeleton code and any idea you might have had. So long as the majority of the game is made during the week you’re ok.
❓Where can I go for help❓
JOIN THE DISCORD SERVER - there are plenty of people around
PUT YOUR QUESTION IN THE COMMUNITY TAB - this is a good place to ask general questions, or find a team!
❓Is there a prize❓
Winners will get a shiny role on our DISCORD SERVER, the ability to plug anything in the 🏆HALL OF FAME channel, and a majestic chicken dinner (neither chicken nor dinner included)
Don’t know what we mean by juice? Check out these videos for some ideas!
- Make a game in the given time. The majority of the game must be made during the week. You may submit to multiple jams, so long as you don’t start before the start of this jam!
- The theme will be announced at the start of the jam. You are not required to follow the theme, it is only one category and is intended as creative inspiration.
- You may work alone or in teams.
- Windows or WebGL builds must be included, though supporting other platforms is encouraged.
- The game must be playable for English speakers. Supporting other languages is encouraged - this will be easiest if you use symbols instead of text
- NSFW content MUST BE APPROPRIATELY LABELLED AND VISIBLE AT ALL TIMES. Yes, that means your game’s name and cover image should include a strong warning that it contains NSFW content, and the name and cover image MUST BE SFW.
- THEME (Optional)
How well does the game fit the theme?
How good does the game feel to play? Pay close attention to common actions like jumping and shooting and important actions like getting hit or killing an enemy
How fun was it to play? Was there enough challenge without being unfair? Did the mechanics work well together?
How good does the game look? This isn’t necessarily about technical skill here, does the aesthetic of the game work well or consistently? Does it fit the gameplay?
How good are the sound effects and music? Is there any at all? Do they fit the rest of the game?
How do you think the game did in general