Attention all game developers! Are you ready to put your skills to the test and create the juiciest game of all time?
Your theme this year is:
PAYING THE PRICE
Need something that's a little easier on the eyes?
Nine days of game making glory await you, as you compete to create the most satisfying game imaginable. We're talking SCREENSHAKE, PARTICLE EFFECTS, HITSTOP - you name it. If it makes the game feel good to play, we want to see it.
Come say hello, we're a friendly bunch:
Don’t know what we mean by juice? Check out these videos for some ideas!
- Make a game in the given time. The majority of the game must be made during the week. You may submit to multiple jams, so long as you don’t start before the start of this jam! You may use third party assets, so long as the majority of the game is made during the jam.
- The theme will be announced at the start of the jam. You are not required to follow the theme, it is only one category and is intended as creative inspiration.
- You may work alone or in teams.
- Windows or WebGL builds must be included, though supporting other platforms is encouraged.
- The game must be playable for English speakers. Supporting other languages is encouraged - this will be easiest if you use symbols instead of text.
- NSFW content MUST BE APPROPRIATELY LABELLED AND VISIBLE AT ALL TIMES. Yes, that means your game’s name and cover image should include a strong warning that it contains NSFW content, and the name and cover image MUST BE SFW.
- THEME (Optional)
How well does the game fit the theme?
How good does the game feel to play? Pay close attention to common actions like jumping and shooting and important actions like getting hit or killing an enemy.
How fun was it to play? Was there enough challenge without being unfair? Did the mechanics work well together?
How good does the game look and sound? This isn’t necessarily about technical skill here, does the aesthetic of the game work well or consistently? Does it fit the gameplay?