UPDATE: Because of *gestures wildly everywhere*, we're extending the deadline of the game jam to help with people who want to participate in the jam but have been busy helping others and prepping because of the coronavirus.
This is a jam for creating video games that would fit in with the games released for the DOS operating system during the 80s and 90s, though DOS-inspired utilities and tabletop games inspired by games from that era are welcome too!
If you're looking for inspiration, consider checking out some of the games here
This jam hopes to be a good opportunity to start creating games if you've never made one before. If you're unsure what game engine to use, consider checking out this site
If you have game development questions or just want to talk about DOS games in a welcoming and inclusive environment, consider joining the DOS Shareware Zone discord
- The game should be inspired by PC games from the DOS era - It should somehow use the aesthetics of DOS games or be inspired by games from that era. Games can be for any platform. This game jam is just a celebration of games from that era. Tabletop games inspired by DOS games and applications inspired by DOS-utilities are welcome too.
- Any state of work is fair to submit - Games can be previously-published, starting from scratch, current works-in-progress, etc.
- Games in any language are fine to submit.
- You can submit any number of games.
- Games created for the jam can be at any price point - Games created for jams are often free but if you feel like charging for your game, go for it!
- Include content warnings on the game's page if your game includes any material that could be considered adult or sensitive.
- Bigoted content of any kind is not allowed and will be removed from the jam.
This game is hosted by the DOS Shareware Zone discord community. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in there or send a message to Michael Klamerus (@MichaelKlamerus/michael-klamerus.itch.io)