This jam is now over. It ran from 2021-12-17 12:00:00 to 2021-12-31 12:00:00. View results
Are you bored? Do you like pixel art? Are you looking for an excuse to make a game? Then this is the jam for you!
(Now with extra flavor!!)
🟪 🟪 🟪 🟪 🟪
Instead of a week, BPJ 9 participants will now be given 2 weeks to finish their entries. We encourage everyone to take the time to learn more about their craft and have fun while also getting ample rest. Extra time, extra care, and extra flavor!!!!!
🟪 🟪 🟪 🟪 🟪
Falcon Nova (also known as MrQuickGame) / Metroidvania Month has been our partner since BPJ4. MVM challenges you to create a metroidvania game in the span of a month and has a great community for feedback. If you like metroidvania games or if you're interested in making one, please be sure to check them out! The Discord server is very fun as well~
🟪 🟪 🟪 🟪 🟪
Bored Pixels Jam is a game jam where you make a themed pixel game in only one week. For this edition, however, the duration has been extended into 2 weeks!
It was created by the end of June 2018 and was first held on July 16-23, 2018. BPJ was made because of barrels' boredom during a particular break from school and her love for pixel art/games.
It's always fun to see a bunch of bored (or not bored) people make some pixel games for everyone to enjoy! Let's do our best to learn and have fun during this jam~
Previous Jam: https://itch.io/jam/bored-pixels-jam-8
Our FAQ section is in our Discord server! You may join the server if you want but you are also welcome to post your questions in the community tab and we'll try to answer them as soon as possible.
1. Games must consist of pixel art, voxel art, or 3D art with pixel art textures.
2. This is a ranked jam WITHOUT any prizes! Unless, you consider the validation from a title, Discord roles, and/or the satisfaction of finishing a game in a limited timeframe a prize then I guess this could be a ranked jam with prizes.
3. You don't have to be in a team to join! You can go solo or not. There's no limit to how many team members you can have.
4. The theme will be announced 1 hour before the jam starts. One week before the jam, suggestion for themes will be stopped and then everyone is allowed to start voting for their preferred theme.
5. It is encouraged that you create the assets (visual, audio, code) to be used in your game. You are allowed to use other assets as long as you have the right to use them. Make sure to properly credit the stuff inside your game! During submission, please indicate the external assets you've used in the designated field.
6. You can use any game engine you want. You can even create your own!
7. Your game must be made within the time constraints of the jam. Updates are not allowed during the voting period. Feel free to update as much as you want before and after the voting period starts. We also encourage working more on your game after the jam!
8. You're allowed to have more than one entry but it's advised to stick to one and concentrate on polishing it.
9. The game you make must be free for people to have easy access to it. You could always put a price on it after the jam but we do encourage enabling the donation/support feature in your game page!
10. Voting is open for submitters and contributors only. People would be able to rate your game based on relevance to the theme, concept, gameplay, presentation, and immersion during the one-week voting period.
11. NSFW content is allowed but please make sure to put content warnings and be explicit about its intended age rating. Heavy topics are allowed as well but please refrain from romanticizing/advocating for racism, sexism, transphobia, etc. Basically, don't be a hate-spreading person and be mindful of what you put in your game.
12. Get creative, take this as a learning experience, and have fun!!
No submissions match your filter