Are you bored? Do you like pixel art? Are you looking for an excuse to make a game? Then this is the jam for you!
Click here to vote for the theme!
What is Bored Pixels Jam?
Bored Pixels Jam is a game jam where you make a themed pixel game for a week. It was created by the end of June 2018 and was first held last July 16-23, 2018. I honestly just made it because I was bored and waiting for school to start. Also I love making pixel art! It's fun to see a bunch of bored (or not bored) people make some pixel games for everyone to enjoy.
Previous Jam: https://itch.io/jam/bored-pixels-jam-3
What are the things I should know about before joining?
- Games must consist of pixel art, voxel art, or 3D art with pixel art textures.
- You don't have to be in a team to join! You can go solo or not. There's no limit to how many team members you can have.
- This is a ranked jam. People would be rating your game based on relevance to the theme, creativity, gameplay, visual experience, and audio experience. Based on these, awards/titles such as Theme Clinger, Most Creative, Best Gameplay, Eye Pleaser, and Ear Pleaser will be given and the winners will be announced after the one-week voting period is done.
- You can only use assets (art and music) that you make!
- You can use any game engine.
- Your game must be made within the time constraints of the jam.
- You're allowed to have more than one entry but it's advised to stick to one and concentrate on polishing it.
- The game you make must be free for people to have easy access on it.
- NSFW content is allowed. Heavy topics are allowed as well but please refrain from being racist, sexist, transphobic, or generally a hate-spreading person.
- Get creative and have fun!! ;D
Are there any prizes?
Sadly, all I can give you is the validation from a title and a Discord role once you win overall. BUT!! There is also the satisfaction of finishing a game in a limited time frame plus you get to interact with other people too and enjoy their games :D
Have some useful stuff!!
- Lospec - You can find palettes, tutorials, and tools here for making pixel/voxel art!
- Aseprite - Animated sprite editor and pixel art tool
- GraphicsGale - Free animation graphic editor
- Piskel - Free online sprite editor
- Bitsy - Low-res game maker
- BeepBox - Online chiptune melody maker
- Bosca Ceoil - Free and easy-to-use music maker
Need a team?
Our Awesome Partner: