Hey, I'm Noa, a game developer who runs the Youtube channel Blackthornprod which is entirely focused on the art of game creation, from Unity, C# and art tutorials to game jams and devlogs !
Welcome to the second Blackthornprod game jam !
- During this event developers will be challenged to create a game in 1 WEEK based on a certain THEME (which will be revealed when the jam starts on this page).
- This game jam is RANKED, meaning that the game you make will be rated by me, and a handful of other trustworthy, cool people.
- Here's the FIRST game jam page so you can get lots more info about how that all went (spoiler : it was awesome ;D !!) : https://itch.io/jam/blackthornprod-game-jam-1
- The TOP 20 games of this jam will be featured in a video on my channel where I'll review them and give in depth feedback !
- The developers having made the 5 best games of the jam will be granted a special DISCORD ROLE inside the BTP discord server!
- If you make a game for this jam, you're almost guaranteed to get plenty valuable feedback from me, the other developers having taken part in the event and some cool Twitch/Youtube streamers (I'll write of who exactly nearer the time :) ) !
- But most importantly, you'll have brought a game to life, expanded your portofolio and improved your game creation skills !
- Games featuring mature / sensitive content should have some warning in the description or when the game first loads up.
- You can make the game alone or in a team (as many people as you like, just remember that the more team members there are, the harder it can be to get organized, 2 /4 people is best :) ).
- It would be great if everything was made from scratch by YOU and your team mates during the event ! But if you DO use music, art or scripts made by someone else make sure to state that in your game's description / credits page ! Your rating will also be decreased if you do use assets that weren't made from scratch by you or your team during the jam.
- Submissions must be digital games. You can build it for any platform you like, preferably WEB, WINDOWS, LINUX and MAC :) . You can use whatever tools and game engine you like to make your game.
Games will be rated based on the following criteria :
- OVERALL : after having played the game, how do you feel ? Would you play it again ? What is your overall impression of the game's quality?
- THEME : how well did the game respect the theme of the jam ?
- VISUALS : is the game pleasing to the eye ? Does it have a unique, interesting art style ? Are the animations smooth and appealing ?
- INNOVATION : did this game do something new and interesting ? Was there a unique mechanic ? Was the story original ?
- THE EXPERIENCE : did you have LOADS of fun ? Or was the game emotional and epic ? How invested and engaged did you feel ? Did you play only a couple minutes or stay immersed for longer ?
- SOUNDS AND MUSIC : did the game have a unique and beautiful soundtrack ? Were the sound effects juicy and fun ?
- To connect with the Blackthornprod community, talk about anything game creation related and form teams make sure to join the BTP DISCORD SERVER :) !
- You can also easily form teams / meet other developers via the game jam's CrowdForge page !
- If you want to learn how to make games with Unity, draw and animate or simply get inspired also have a look at the BTP Youtube channel !