This jam is now over. It ran from 2022-10-21 18:00:00 to 2022-10-28 22:59:59. View results
This is a 7-day game jam, focused on using simple or complex AI techniques for the design and mechanics of games.
It is hosted by the YouTube channel 'AI and Games'
The jam runs from October 21st, at 7 PM UK time, to October 28th, at 7 PM UK time.
The jam theme for AI and Games Jam 2022 is 'ISOLATION'.
Who can participate? Anybody! Everyone is welcome and you can participate individually or in teams.
Is there a theme? The theme will be announced at the start of the jam. But given the time of year, expect something a little spooky.
What do you mean AI? If you're implementing artificial intelligence of any kind, be it for decision making, pathfinding, character behaviour, player modelling, level generation, animation, you name it. It can be as simple or as complicated as you like. You can use classic/symbolic AI or machine learning as well. Submissions are not judged on the complexity of the AI implemented.
So PCG as well? Yup, procedural generation for levels, art, characters etc. is relevant.
Does it need to be a 'game'? Weird and quirky experimental stuff is welcome and permitted. But just bear in mind that the judging (see below) is built for assessing games.
What can I make my game in? Any game engines or tools are permitted and any target platform is permitted (PC/Mac, VR/AR, mobile etc). But at least one build should be able to run on modern Windows or web browsers.
What assets can I use? Any game engines or tools are permitted. The vast majority of the game must be developed during the jam, but you can use whatever assets you have the legal right to use (i.e. art, animation, audio, purchased asset packs etc.). We ask that you refrain from writing code for the event prior to the start of the jam.
How will games be judged? Games are judged by the public and ranked using the following criteria: originality, presentation and fun.
(I know, I know, we're voting on highly subjective concepts using simple numeric criteria, we're upset with us too)
Once voting concludes, the top submissions will be played by Tommy (the jam organiser) and his favourites will appear in an episode of AI and Games.
Is there a Discord I can join? Yes! Come join us in the AI and Games Discord server, we'll have a special corner setup for all our jammer friends.
This is the second AI and Games jam, albeit later than planned this year(we hosted the 2021 jam in May/June) and we're super excited to kick it off all over again.
Last year we were blown away by the response: with just shy of 900 participants, 120 submitted games and 1600 ratings. Plus being listed as one of the featured jams on the itch.io homepage. It vastly exceeded our expectations and we're super excited to be back for another year!
If you want to know more about last year's jam and some of the games Tommy liked the most, check out the video below.
- You may participate in multiple jams at once provided they happen at the same time and your game fits both themes.
- Games submitted to the AI and Games Jam must not contain nudity, inappropriate and hateful imagery or foul language.
- Your game cannot require additional software such as an emulator, or existing commercial releases (e.g. Roblox, Minecraft, etc.) in order to run.
- You may re-use code from older projects, but our mods are not in a position to advise you with issues/errors etc.
- Anything you make during and submit to the AI and Games Jam is your property. The jam organisers claim no rights or ownership to your game and we hope that some games may continue on into larger projects in future.
- Any game submitted to the AI and Games Jam may appear in a future episode of the AI and Games YouTube series without the author's express permission.
No submissions match your filter