9/20 – 5:30 pm – University of Advancing Technology – Theater
The Theme is: Halloween
You are invited to join the UAT Game Jam slated to kick off the fall semester on Sept 20th – 22nd, hosted at the University of Advancing Technology to celebrate UAT's founding on September 23rd.
- Friday, September 20th – 5:30 pm – Theater: We will meet in the theater to form teams, answer questions about the game jam, and announce the game jam’s theme. Your game must incorporate the theme in some way.
- Saturday, September 21st – 6:00 pm – Café: This time, we’ll be doing a game jam potluck Saturday evening. Contact professor Adam Moore if you plan to bring food for the potluck. Check the current menu here.
- Sunday, September 22nd – 5:30 pm – Room 108: Make sure your game is loaded up in the judging room by 5:30 pm on Sunday so the judges can play and review your game. Awards will be presented in the theater after judging finishes.
What if I’ve never made a game before?
This game jam is for you. Prof. Adam Moore will be on-campus for most of the weekend and will be available to mentor you. Veteran jammers and experienced developers are strongly encouraged to partner with and mentor newbies! Teams are required to have at least one first-time game jammer to be eligible for prizes.
What does the University provide?
- Development hardware: computer workstations, VR devkits, and other equipment will be made available for developers from outside the university.
- Development software: Unreal Engine, Unity, Maya, 3ds Max, the Adobe Creative Cloud, Substance Painter & Substance Designer.
- Mentorship: Prof. Adam Moore will be available on-campus for most of the game jam to consult with your team.
- Free Snacks: There will be snacks available for free for game jammers.
- Pizza: Extra Large (16”) pizzas will be made to order from 10:00 pm – 3:00 am for $7 per pizza. These pizzas feed 5-6 people. Sausage or Pepperoni is available for $1 more.
- Boneless Wings: Boneless buffalo, barbecue, or Caesar parmesan wings made to order from 10:00 pm – 3:00 am
- 6 for $4.50
- 12 for $8.00
- 24 for $16.00
How do I submit?
Judging will begin on-site at 5:30 pm on Sunday. Upload your build to this jam page and load a copy of your game onto one of the computers in room 108. Please supply headphones (not earbuds) if your game has audio. Awards will follow immediately after judging.