This is a month-long game jam geared around turn-based tactics and strategy games.
Create your own original system designed to run turn-based tactics and strategy games.
Turn-Based Tactics is a genre of strategy games that through stop-action simulates the considerations and circumstances of operational warfare and military tactics in generally small-scale confrontation.
Turn-Based Strategy is a genre of strategy game where players take turns when playing rather than going at the same time.
Things You Can Do
- Brainstorm, outline, and work on concept art before the jam begins, but please keep the final assets and game creation to the one-month jam period!
- Work solo or in a team! Use the hashtag #TBTJam or #TBSJam on Twitter or the jam's community here on itch.io to look for collaborators if you'd like to form a team.
- Make use of premade and paid assets in your project is also allowed, provided you use them according to the creator's terms.
- Submit unfinished work if you feel comfortable sharing it; you don't have to submit a perfectly polished project and are welcome to show off whatever you create as a prototype or proof-of-concept, whether it's an unfinished demo or a collection of assets you were able to create during the jam.
Feel free to tweet your development progress at #TBTJam or #TBSJam
This is open to both pen & paper games, as well as LARPs and games played electronically.
- Tag your submissions appropriately! If there is violence, substance abuse, mature themes or other such things, please list the types of content within it on your storefront page.
- I ask that you keep your content for this jam made for an audience 18 years or younger. I can't and won't complain if you change your content after the jam ends.
- Releasing a playable demo is fine. Whatever work you feel is polished enough to share is encouraged to be posted.
- There are no "winners." Anyone who reaches their goal during the jam is encouraged to submit their game.