Welcome to Total Recall - The DOS Games Tribute Jam
This jam takes place Between 5th November 2016 and 5th February 2017.
The aim of this jam is to create a tribute to the good old DOS games which we loved when were a bit younger and to encourage more people to remember them and try to recreate/remake these games for the modern platforms: Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS, Android, etc.
- Original DOS game must be created before (and including) 1995 (the end of the DOS era).
- Game can be in any genre.
- Your game does not have to be an exact copy of the original DOS game but, closer to the original game idea is better.
- Your game doesn't have to look old, you are free to make it look modern.
- You are free to add some additional features to the game if they make the gameplay more interesting.
- Use your own original name for the game to avoid any copyright issues.
- Try not to infridge any of the original game copyrights you are recreating, use your own game assets where possible or these available under Creative Commons license.
- You can add games that you made before the jam.
- Both non-commercial and commercial games are allowed.
- Please indicate which original DOS game your game recreates.
You have plenty of time, Let's do it!