This jam is now over. It ran from 2016-02-12 22:00:00 to 2016-02-14 20:00:00. View results
1. The most important rule. Please don't be a jerk and respect people.
2. The game must be finished and submitted on Sunday, February 14 @ 5:00pm (We link to that final version).
3. The game must meet the game requirements. (Coming soon)
4. Respect your peers. The MIP has lots of space for you and your team to brainstorm, meeting, use your phone, and socialize.
5. Don't take all the desk space up. We have limited space and we need to share.
6. You cannot bring a pre-made game.
7. You can bring existing code to handle the standard stuff.
8. List the tech used to make your game (Libraries)
9. The final rule. No playing games.
ITINERARY(Schedule is subject to change)
Friday, February 12, 2015:
5:00pm to 6:30pm - Registration, Group formation & Setting up.
7:00pm - Theme reveal. Let the Great Ham Jam begin!
Saturday, February 13, 2015:
All day: JAM-ON!
5:00pm - 7:00pm: Dinner
Sunday, February 14, 2015:
3:00pm: The deadline for game submissions
3:30pm: Play all the games. Celebrations!!! Game Over
5:00pm: Pack it up, Tidy up, & Roll out!
The Game Requirements
- COMING SOON -
When is The Great Ham Jam 2016?
Feb 12 - 14 2016.
What experience do I need to participate?
The event is open to individuals of all skill levels, from novice to advanced. We do recommend that you know some basics about making games, because we cannot guarantee that anyone will be there to teach you the fundamentals of game design.
What happens if I run into a problem?
Everyone there is ready and able to help if a problem does come up. Feel free to ask the organizer or volunteers if you run into a problem and they can direct you to the right people to help you out.
Can I make any game I want?
Yup! We only have 2 rules:
1. The game has to utilize the theme somehow, so be creative as you want within the constraints of said theme
2. Try to be tasteful, as these games will be shown to the public - with your name attached to them (Would you want this game on your portfolio?).
Can I bring a team?
Yup! Also, if you want to be a part of a team we will be working to put teams together based on skill sets participants have brought to the table.
Can I compete on my own?
Yup! If you want to rock the Ham Jam solo, feel free to go on ahead. We do request that you inform the organizer when the teams are being put together so your name is not added to the list.
Is the Great Ham Jam a competition?
Yes and No. The games will be reviewed by your peers, our panel of judges and there will be two awards will be given out. We want you to use this event on your resume, and having a nice reward to talk about is always a good ice breaker at an interview.
Will there be prizes?
We are working on something. You will see what we have at the time of the event. Wha ha ha ha!
What does the Great Ham Jam provide?
We have the venue space, tables, chairs, Wi-Fi access, power, washrooms, security, probably some food, and a place to chill out and maybe sleep. But who sleeps at a game jam?
What do I need to bring to the event?
You need to bring everything that it takes you to build a game:
1. Your own rig/laptop. (Bring power cords, usb keys and anything else just in case)
2. Your favorite software.
3. Goodies to nibble on.
What can't I bring?
Really a negative attitude... and try not to bring any liquids that don't have screw tight lids on them. We don't want you to break anyones stuff.
Can I leave my stuff overnight?
Yes. The building has security and the Jammers have eyes. But if anything goes missing The Great Ham Jam claims no responsibility for lost or stolen objects.
How do I get to the event?
The HSR 6 Aberdeen stops outside the McMaster Innovation Park
More detailed directions will be posted on the website.
Is there parking?
Yes, the MIP building has giant parking lot and it is free during the weekend.
What's the hashtag for the event?
Have questions about The Great Ham Jam?
Contact Bret Measor
Thanks for registering.
No submissions match your filter