-------> NEW! DISCORD SERVER IS [[HERE]]
You have all been gathered here for the great event which comes but once a year -- the Witches' New Year, when the veil between the worlds is at its thinnest.
What do ethereal entities, twisted abominations, and wayward souls such as ourselves do on a night like this?
We play games, of course.
Games should be primarily text-based, printable tabletop games or larps. Interactive fiction is cool too, if it is playable in printed form. No video games or Twines, except as an alternate format.
Games should include at least a suggested price. Games requiring payment to download should cost no more than $10, should provide a demo or no-frills version for free, and should offer a means of access for those unable to afford the minimum price.
This is not just a game jam, it's a game design festival. This means participants should work with each other to playtest. Everyone should be reaching out, either on the community page of this jam, in the twitter hashtag, or in the Spirits' Eve Festival discord.
Your game should relate to one or more of the following:
- Halloween, Samhain, or any other autumn holiday you have the cultural right to make content about
- witchcraft, paganism, spiritualism or folk magic
- legends and lore about spirits, fey, masks and costumes, the autumn and winter, or the night
- horror, ghost stories, gothic themes, dark supernatural comedy, drama or romance
- anything in popular media with a horror, witchy, supernatural or gothic theme
- the time of year between harvest and first snow
- death, the veil, liminal spaces, haunting, legacies, graveyards, disguises, shadows,
witches, faerie rings, crossroads, devil's bargains, curses, the moon
- Celtic / European folklore or the folklore of your own ancestry and culture
portrayal of violence and sexuality are fine, bigotry and mean-spirited content are not.
do not make use of cultural material you do not have claim to.
No submissions match your filter