So, a bunch of my LARP friends have been discussing how to LARP online during social distancing as a result of COVID-19. I can think of like 2 LARPs or LARP-like games that can be played online off the top of my head. So I thought I’d make a jam to inspire people to make more!
If you’re not familiar, LARP stands for Live Action Roleplaying. It’s what you get when you mix tabletop roleplaying games with improv theater and play a character by physically acting as them. Feel free to use any style or interpretation of what a LARP is for the purposes of this jam. Creative interpretations welcome! Also, this jam is un-ranked and open to anyone. Just don’t be an asshole.
- You may submit an unfinished game as a demo.
- You may work on a game you started previously.
- You may submit multiple games if you have time!
- Teams of any size are permissible, as is working alone.
- Since this is a chill jam with no winners or losers, feel free to start your game whenever you'd like. Only use assets you have the right to use, though. No breaking any copyright laws. (Or other laws!)
- Your game can include sexual content, but no sexualized depictions of characters under 18. If your characters are teens, no relationships with age gaps over 3 years. No promotion or glorification of non-consent should be present in your game.
- Content warn in your game page description for common triggers such as self harm, suicide, sexual assault, etc.
- Obviously, no promoting hatred with your games. Basically, no racism, homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, aphobia, ableism, sexism, etc. These topics may be part of the plot, but don't use your game to promote them. Hateful games will be removed.
- No jam spam! If your game doesn't follow the rules or is unrelated to the jam, don't submit it! It will be deleted!
Let’s weather this virus together!