This jam is now over. It ran from 2017-07-27 13:00:00 to 2017-08-10 13:00:00. View results
Imagine a game system where Real Life activities can give your game character SKILL experience. That is RPG Biz.
Welcome to RPG Biz's 2D One-Map Challenge. Before stating the prizes, we will give you the rules. This is a family friendly competition.
I have made a sample one map game to show one way it can done. More information can be found in Community Posts.
1. The game must be in 2D and have NO 3D images within it.
2. There must be no vulgar/offensive language nor images, within the game.
3. The game must not have graphic/gory displays of blood.
4. The game must have no more than one map. Example: Transferring from outdoors to within a building counts as two maps.
5. The game must be made after the announcement on 7/22/2017.
6. No horror games nor murder mystery games.
7. Only one entry per person/team.
8. Games must be in English or provide English translations in game.
9. Attempt to have game play under 15 minutes. (Flexible)
10. Game must be playable with keyboard and/or mouse control. (Games that charge a fee violate this rule because they also require monetary payment to play.)
Games found that do not follow the rules will be removed from the Game Jam.
Browser deployments would be optimal, but not everyone has internet speeds that can play then at decent speeds, if at all. It is recommended to offer as many different deployment options for your game as possible. Be mindful that some may also have internet service providers that limit their download sizes. Many one map games can be made using less than 200 megs of hard drive space. Larger games may not receive the attention they deserve during playing and voting stages.
2. Playability - Are the instructions easy to understand, and is the game easy to play. (Not the same as the difficulty level of playing the game.) Keyboard and/or mouse controls are easy to use.
3. Entertainment - How fun it is to play.
4. Mapping - Exciting usage of map, including image usage.
5. Thought Provoking - How intellectually stimulating it is through challenges, quests, puzzles, etc.
Here is the prize pool with retail values.
1. Sprite Lamp ($35) Awarded to Hussain for 3rd Place
2. Steam game/software ($25) *** Awarded to Cosmic Fox for 1st Place
3. Steam game/software ($15)*** Awarded to Steven Miller for 2nd Place
4. Insanely Twisted Planet ($15) Awarded to Steven Miller for 2nd Place
5. Kero Blaster ($10) Awarded to Cosmic Fox for 1st Place
6. Lily Looking Through ($10) Awarded to Wellzitu for 4th Place
7. Odd Planets ($7) Awarded to Wellzitu for 4th Place
8. Memories of Vegabond ($5) Awarded to Hussain for 3rd Place
9. Jet Racing Extreme ($4) Awarded to TheIndiesLight for 5th Place
The first place winner of this Game Jam, can choose any two prizes, valued up to $60. If one of the prizes selected has *** marked after the retail value, only one of this type may be chosen. In other words, winning $40 combined in Steam game/software is not an option.
The second place winner can then choose any two of the remaining prizes. If one of the prizes selected has *** marked after the retail value, only one of this type may be chosen. In other words, winning $40 combined in Steam game/software is not an option.
Third and fourth place winners will consecutively follow the same process in choosing their prizes. Fifth place receives whatever prize is left.
NOTE: By entering a submission for the RPG Biz's 2D One Map Challenge, all submitters give permission for their game being mentioned in article within RPG Biz Magazine, including written reviews.
RPG BIZ MEMBERS
Submitting a game for the Game Jam will earn you ARCHITECT skill experience for your game character. Playing at least three of these games, and writing a short review will increase both you game character's WARRIOR and SCRIBE skills. Send reviews to this email firstname.lastname@example.org . Those that desire to become members, please visit our Facebook COMMUNITY page, and you too can be part of the new game system, where Real Life activities can give your game character SKILL experience. More information about this new game concept at RPGBiz.com.