The theme for the jam is CYBERPUNK
This 72-hour jam is all about 2D or 2.5D games with platforms that the player must navigate by walking, running, jumping, crouching, and possibly shooting or swinging weapons at enemies.
Join us on Discord to form teams, discuss the jam, and generally have a good time. :)
Looking for a team? That's another thing you can do on Discord, or see the Crowdforge page.
- The game must be original work created for this jam. You cannot work on the game before the jam starts.
- You are free to enter other jams with the game, but make sure you're following everyone's rules.
- The game must work on a normal monitor in Windows (no VR or unusual peripherals).
- Use any engine or framework you like, including general-purpose code you wrote before the jam.
- All other assets (game design, art, sound, code, text) must be made during the jam, or freely available and properly credited.
- Some assets may say "no credit required" but in this jam we require it, because you should always credit others' work.
- The theme will be announced one hour before the jam begins.
- Games must use the theme to qualify for gift card prizes.
- You may work solo or in a team, but the maximum team size is 4.
- Questions? Ask in the community or on Discord.
- 2D or 2.5D graphics. In other words, 2D or 3D graphics, but the game must work in 2D.
- Retro style graphics and music. Pixel art, limited colors, and lo-fi music. You're welcome to match any retro console you like, including NES, Game Boy, Super NES, Sega Genesis, and so on. Or, you can just have a general retro style without specific console limits.
- Action gameplay. Retro platformers are all about tight controls, reaction time, and navigating the environment.
- Extra stuff like RPG elements, Metroidvania style, etc. is fine! But the more "retro-feeling" you can make those bits, the better.
- Gamepad support will make the game 10x better. Platforming on a keyboard is meh.
Joshua will be judging the games for this event with five criteria: Graphics, Audio, Fun, Technical, and Theme.
Every game will be featured on Joshua's stream where he will play for at least 15 minutes and give detailed feedback.
If there are at least 10 entries (entered games, not participants), gift card prizes will be awarded based on the number of entries. Winners may choose to receive a gift card for Steam, Xbox, or PlayStation.
- 10+ entries: $5 1st place
- 30+ entries: $10 1st place, $5 2nd place
- 70+ entries: $20 1st place, $10 2nd place, $5 3rd place
Only one gift card will be granted per winning entry, regardless of team size.