Slack channel: #game-jams
Pick a theme from the list of themes, and use that to build your game! Theme list can be found here:
We're going back to the IWK for this jam. As usual, in order to create games or vote on them, you must make a charitable donation of $10 or more. Your donations are also tax deductible!
REDspace will match donations made by employees up to $250 per calendar year, so your donation will be doubled! See the intranet for more details: https://intranet.redspace.com/handbook/benefits/charitable-giving/
Donations are made to the IWK Foundation's online donation system: https://iwkfoundation.org/donate, or by donating through one of the methods on this page: https://iwkfoundation.org/ways-donate
If you don't get a donation receipt within a couple days, please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org and request one. They don't always send along receipt automatically, but they will get you one if you contact them.
Once you have paid, you will be added as judge in the game jam, enabling you to vote on games.
Itch is the platform we use to plan and host game jams. It allows you to have quick and easy access to game entries. It also provides a page that can be shared with coworkers. On your submission page, you'll be able to see how the votes break down, so you'll also have better visibility into that.
The rules are as follows:
- You must learn something new. It can be a library, a tool, a new technique, or a totally new technology. You just have to learn something you didn't know before and talk about it.
- The game can be made using any technology as long as it can be delivered through Itch.io
- The game jam will run until Friday, February 23rd.
- Voting will end at 11am on Friday, March 2nd.
- You can go solo or with a team, either way is fine!
- The company retains ownership of game jam entries, do not build your dream game or anything you wish to keep for personal use. This includes personal code libraries unless they are open source.
- Participants and voters must use Itch.io accounts tied to their REDspace email accounts. Personal accounts are not permitted.
- All game source files must be pushed to a repository under this Stash project: https://stash.redspace.com/projects/GJ - Use the prefix GJXVII when naming your repositories.
- Game jam entries must set to public visibility, set to "Unlisted in search & browse", and are not permitted to accept payments or donations.