Monopoly as a game is often a punching bag. It's bad, it's old, it's just plain boring. But we know you can create something wonderful using its tools. Reclaim Monopoly and make a great game!
- You must incorporate the physical makeup of Monopoly, somehow. (Whether it's a game board or a ritual ingredient is up to you.) You probably have access to a copy at your mom's house. If you don't, feel free to steal one from your local Barnes and Noble.
- You are not limited to using only one copy of Monopoly, or one version. If you use alternate versions, please call them out.
- This game jam is anti-capitalist. Landlords bad. Know your history, know who Lizzie Maggie is, know what The Landlord's Game is.
- Don't be bigoted. This means games with an overall message of racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, anti-Semitism, or any other message targeting a marginalized group is not acceptable. You can make games about possibly triggering, or even just upsetting stuff-- but use content warnings! We will remove your game if you make a game with a bigoted worldview, or a game with bigotry where you don't explicitly warn the reader.
- You can make alternate rule sets for Monopoly or entirely new short analog games (board games, tabletops, rituals, or LARPs!). Or long ones, we're not the game cops. And if you are the game cops, screw you. ACAB.
- Feel free to charge for your hard work. We love you.