Welcome to Press Start to Play! My first game jam and I'm so happy to have some game developers here! Well, of course I am! Looks like the evil Bowser is at it again! He has stolen ALL of the retro video games, YOUR job is to create some more!
- The game must surffice as a retro game, I recommend that the console you aim for is the NES or SNES.
- Don't worry about finishing the game in the time limit! Although time is of the essenece, there is no need to panic! The goal of this game jam is to help you as a game-developer. Even a proof of concept can be great or just a devlog!
- The game can be as long or as short as you like! We recommend aiming for 15 to 30 minutes although we will accept any length.
- ANY game genres are allowed as long as they fit the graphic and music capabilities of the earlier consoles. Hell, you can even make a Visual Novel or a rhythm game!
- Try to challenge yourself! There's NO point in giving yourself a cheat code! Here are some ideas: Only use the basic NES controller layout, no mouse support, music created using in game objects, platformer's with crazy objects.
This jam is open to ALL! Beginners and veterans! We don't care about how old you are, how much experience you have, we only care about how you progress as a game developer and how YOU can stop Bowser!
Thanks so much for participating in this game jam! We hope to see some DAZZALING content created by some of you guys!