Welcome to PowerPoint Game Jam! In this jam you'll be using the awesome game engine that is PowerPoint to make a game.
Optional Theme: Visual Novel
Join the Discord: https://discord.gg/EGd5BnF
Why not? It is known that PowerPoint is capable for making games along with adding VBA to code things! Consider this a challenge to create something out your comfort zone. Here are a couple examples of it's capabilities!
|- Hyperlinks ||- Triggers|| - Mouse Over Detection|
| - VBA/ Macros|| - Animations|| -Layers - Grouping Objects - Many More|
No worries! There are other programs out there that allow you to make and play most PowerPoint files.
Here's a list of programs you can download/use:
Or you can download a free trial of PowerPoint: https://products.office.com/en-us/try
- Tag your submissions appropriately! If there is violence, substance abuse, mature themes or other such things, please list the types of content within it in your store front page.
- All submissions must be a PowerPoint File. (PPTX, PPTM, PPT, PPSX,PPSM,PPS, ECT.)
- I ask that you keep your content for this jam made for an audience 18 years or younger. I can't and won't complain if you change your content after the jam ends.
- Releasing a playable demo is fine. Whatever work you feel is polished enough to share is encouraged to be posted.
- Anyone who reaches their goal during the jam are winners and are encouraged to submit their game.
- There are categories!
- Overall Best
- Best Game Design
- Best Graphics
- Best Story
- Most Comedic
-Best Use of Theme
Try making the game as unique as possible!
THING YOU CAN DO!
- Brainstorm, outline, and work on concept art before the jam begins, but please keep final asset and game creation to the one-month jam period!
- Use any medium to create assets, but final game must be a PowerPoint file.
- Make use of pre-made and paid assets in your project is also allowed, provided you use them according to the creator's terms.
- Submit unfinished work if you feel comfortable sharing it; you don't have to submit a perfectly-polished project and are welcome to show off whatever you create as a prototype or proof-of-concept, whether it's an unfinished demo or a collection of assets you were able to create during the jam.