Playmaker Game Jam 2019
Welcome to the 2019 Playmaker Game Jam! To join this game jam, please read and understand the rules below.
To start off here are the big rules!
- Required engine is Unity + Playmaker.
- Playmaker must make up 80% or more of the code.
- You may work alone or in a team.
- Create your project in 72 hours.
- You must follow the theme (to be announced).
The Playmaker Game Jam 2019 will take place between:
Start - Sept 13th (Friday) 7:00 AM
End - Sept 16th (Monday) 7:00 AM
Chat & Communication
Live chat and communication during the jam will be held at the (unofficial) Playmaker Slack Chat Channel. You can invite yourself here: https://invite-playmaker-slack.herokuapp.com
Everyone is welcome to join (not just participants). The channel is both technical and social.
The theme will be released approx 12 hours before the game jam starts. You will be sent an email, it will be listed here and lastly, in the slack channel group.
In order for games to be judged, they must be able to be played by the community. Therefore keep that in mind. Normally, PC based games get the most feedback (but any platform can be used).
Last year we did tons of prizes. This year, we may do a few prizes as well. Stay tuned to find out. (We only do non-cash prizes such as assets vouches or the like)
Judged by Community: Peoples Choice Award
Judged by your peers (and yourself). The community will have a chance to play all the attendees games. This year we have decided to have only one category to keep things nice and simple.
Rank is judged by:
- Visual Impression
- Innovation / Creativity
- Theme / Concept
- Overall Enjoyment
- You may submit your game anytime during the 72-hour window.
- Remember itch has an upload limit of 750MB. Dropbox files can transfer to itch quickly.
- Bug fixes: For official submission, only bugs that block the start/loading of the game are allowed AFTER the final date/time.
The Rules (Fine Print)
The Playmaker Game Jam 2019 is a fun and educational event meant to inspire creativity and self-challenge. Please keep this in mind while participating in the game jam!
- You must use Unity 5.6 and above.
- You must use a playmaker 1.8.5 and above
- Your projects code should be 80% playmaker FSM's or more, (compared to C#, JS, etc).
- Third-party assets and work are allowed, however
- These assets must be free, open-source or under the relevant creative commons license, as your project files must be updated following the game jam completion.
- You must declare any and all third party assets/work used on your final submission. Failure to declare third party assets/work will result in a zero judgment. No exceptions.
- The less third party assets/work you can use, the better. The use of these assets will not be held against you, however, they will also not count for extra score.
- Do NOT including anything that is under NDA or other legal constraints.
- You may work in a team or alone, there is no restriction.
- Games must be created and finished within the 72 hour period. If your game is incomplete at the end of 72 hours, please just submit it as is.
- No creating your game before the 72 hours begins. You may, however, install unity and playmaker before the 72 hour start time.
- A post mortem write up is required to explain what your game is about, and how you went about making it. This can be as short or as long as you want it to be. At the minimum, some control instructions are best!