Let's Make Tabletop Games!
The theme is
"Someone's Hiding Something"
Join us in our Opening Stream on March 7th and Closing Showcase on March 24th at twitch.tv/PIGSquad ~
Kickoff and team forming activities for the jam will be held digitally. The showcase will be held both digitally and physically - full details coming soon.
How to Participate:
- Register for the jam here on itch
- Get the theme on March 7th at 8pm PT. You can help decide the theme via our Patreon.
- Make a game based on the theme by March 20th ~
- Make a physical board or card game, a TTRPG, a digital board game, whatever you'd like
- Focus on working with new people, trying new things, and finishing something to the best of your ability
- If you stray from the theme, no problem! The goal is just to make a game :)
- Make a game submission page and submit it to this jam page
- Participate in the Showcase!
- Join us as we walk through everyone's game submissions on stream
- Bring your game out to our in-person showcase site in Portland and play with others
Upload your templates, images, rules, photos, and print 'n play pieces; or your PC/Mac build if you're going digital! We highly recommend submitting works-in-progress if you don't finish over the course of the jam, as you can always submit a fuller version later, and we love to learn more about what everyone worked on. We hope to share everyone's progress, regardless of full game completion, during our closing showcase stream. The best way to share a physical tabletop game for the showcase will be submitting a gameplay video to us via email.
We will be hosting streams and other online activities to support jammers in meeting and sharing. This list will update over time. All times listed in Pacific time zone.
Rules & More Details:
- In-person events will follow strict requirements: you must wear a mask, show your vaccine card, and have an event ticket to attend.
- Non-Portlanders are welcome to participate remotely!
- Follow PIGSquad on social media channels for consistent updates on events, workshops, and other opportunities. Tweet at @PIGSquad with your progress and we'd love to share!
- Most community conversation for this jam will happen via the PIGSquad Discord.
- When submitting your project, we will ask if you have a particular way in which you'd like us to showcase your game.
- If you'd like to participate in choosing the theme, voting is exclusive to our Patreon members - learn more here!
- All participants, in person or remote, must follow PIGSquad's Code of Conduct.
- We encourage you to jam with new people or on a team, but it is not required. We will be providing resources for team forming at the jam kickoff and throughout the jam timeline for those who want to jam based on the theme.
- Please don't crunch! We host game jams over extended periods of time and like having open conversations with jammers about scoping projects to encourage a healthy outlook on creative production schedules. If you need help scoping, please reach out!
- Jammers retain full ownership of the games they make during PIGSquad jams.
- Late submissions or submission updates can be accepted - just get in touch with an organizer.
- Thanks to Marlowe for creating our header art!
The Portland Indie Game Squad is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to supporting the health and continued expansion of game developer and enthusiast communities in Portland, the Pacific Northwest, and online. We provide events, resources, and networking activities for art and technology creatives. Learn more at PIGSquad.com.
To play more games made at Portland Indie Game Squad jams, visit our itch collections!