Welcome to the 8th tri-annual OPR Writing Jam!
This is a 48hr story writing marathon, focused on writing one-page stories set in the OPR universe. The writing jam runs from August 11th, at 8PM UK time / 3PM ET time, to August 13th, at 8PM UK time / 3PM ET time.
Join the OPR Discord server to chat and share ideas: https://discord.gg/djBydgk
- The story has to follow the theme, which will be announced at the start of the jam.
- The story must fit on a single sheet, using the template provided here: https://tinyurl.com/oprwrj
- The story must be at least 500 words long, and at most 1000 words long.
- The story must be set in the OPR universe (Grimdark Future / Age of Fantasy).
- Every story must be submitted along with the following:
- A visual moodboard for the story. We recommend using BeFunky (it's free): https://www.befunky.com/create/collage
- (Optional) Pictures of tabletop miniatures that inspired the story, gaming tables, etc.
- Once the jam is over, you MUST vote on at least 15 submissions, or else be disqualified.
Please make sure to submit your story in .pdf format so that it's easy for everyone to read it on mobile and desktop!
Example of a what a correct submission should look like: https://onepagerules.itch.io/sons-of-the-god-king-example
Read the faction backgrounds and learn about the OPR universe here: https://army-forge.onepagerules.com/
Check out the last jam for more examples: https://itch.io/jam/oprwj7/entries
Here's everything else you need to know:
- Who can submit? Anyone can submit a story, and you may work alone or in teams.
- How many stories can be submitted? Each participant may only submit one story.
- Who will judge the stories? The stories will be judged by the public, and then we will highlight the top 3 voted stories on the OPR website. There is no winner or prize, it's all just for fun!
- What will the stories be judged on? This is a contest in interesting and original writing set in the OPR universe, so it's important that stories are written to fit the setting. The criteria are "Concept & Originality", "Flow & Clarity" and "Adherence to the Theme".
- Who has the rights on stories created during the jam? The story writers retain the rights to their own stories, and they won't become part of the OPR universe unless specifically agreed between the writers and OPR after the jam.
- Anything else? Submissions may not contain nudity, hateful language, or hateful images.