This jam is now over. It ran from 2021-07-31 16:00:00 to 2021-08-31 16:00:00. View results
Welcome to the OpenGameArt Summer 2021 Game Jam!
This Summer marks the end of an era folks! ChasersGaming recently announced his retirement from hosting the Summer Jam. I'm sure I speak for us all when I say a big thanks to ChaserGaming for being a most excellent host over the years! You have paved the way for newbies like myself to step up and host by fabricating a solid set of rules and tips.
With that said, there will be a special bonus points criteria...how many of chasersgaming assets did you incorporate into your game?
Used as is or modified as derivatives from here:
Or even Patreon exclusive art! Check it out!
Due to the limits of the 5 star ratings using these criteria, the maximum bonus points you receive can only be 5 Stars i.e. if you use 10 assets, you can only still receive 5 bonus points in this category...
These points will be manually added by the Game Jam Admin so don't forget to display the credits to the assets used in accordance with the rules below.
You can find the forum thread here:
Here is an invite to the Game Jam Discord channel:
## Important ##
You must have 'Credits' of the assets used in the game from OpenGameArt within the games page description/game comments here on itch.io.
Entries into this jam must abide by the following rules (courtesy of chasersgaming):
1) You can use ANY game engine/software you desire, as long has you have the license/permissions to do so. Gamemaker, Unity, Java, HTML, scratch etc, or even you own created engine if you like. NO actual coding/programming until the start of the jam. Any pre-coded scripts or 'base code' should not be used until the start of the jam. Story boarding, editing, modifying, creating, locating your game assets for you project is absolutely fine. :)
It is not mandatory to have a Windows build by default for your project, but I do recommend having one for your project to ensure you receive maximum ratings ;)
2) You MUST use a minimum of 6 Game Assets from OpenGameArt.org. (You can use other assets as well, so long as you have the rights/permissions to use.) If you are unable to find anything suitable for your project on OGA, you can create your own assets, but you should upload them to OGA website BEFORE the end of the VOTING period (after you have coded and submitted the game) so they can be considered as part of the 6 asset rule. By doing so you are also contributing to a great community, and we would love to see it.
3) You must credit the Author of the assets used, even if it's not required by the license. (Because this is nice thing to do)
- Please ensure you follow the license/s correctly for the assets you use. (for full details click on the asset license link)
4) You must have 'Credits' of the assets used in game from OpenGameArt within the games page description/game comments here on itch.io.
Take the banner image on this page as an example:
Name: OpenGameArt.org Summer 2021 Game Jam Logo and Splash Screens
License: CC-BY 3.0
Attribution: Scott Matott, ZomBCool and Xom Adept:
5) Game must not promote any sort of discrimination (such as racism, sexism etc) or political agendas, nothing that could cause offence. This jam is open to all ages. Games that have violence, horror and/or gore, I would ask that you provide some sort of warning before hand to protect younger audiences. That includes Soundtracks/voices. (I leave that for you to decide what's appropriate) :)
- Tip: All downloads and favourites are saved in your OGA account for easy use. You can also create a 'Collection'. Add assets you use to this and it will give you a complete 'Credits' file that you can download.
- Derivatives: If the license permits you to create a derivative work of an asset, then you still need to credit the original author, and if you do, then please share it on OGA, it would be cool to see it and have it available for others to use.
These jams are put together by the community over at https://opengameart.org/. A fantastic place to source graphics, music and sfx that you can use in your games at no cost! It's also a great place to hang out in general and be inspired by fellow gamers ;)
No submissions match your filter