This jam is now over. It ran from 2020-06-30 23:00:00 to 2020-07-29 22:00:00. View results
Welcome to the OGA 'Summer' Game Jam #4!
This is the 4th annual 'Summer' Game Jam and the 3rd of all the seasonal OpenGameArt Game Jams. There has been some amazing games created using the assets available on OpenGameArt.org, so let's make some more!
This game jam is about creating games using assets from OpenGameArt.org.
Since 2009 the community at OGA have been creating assets and submitting them for developers to download at no cost. The site has a huge database of artwork, music, and sound effects for 2D and 3D games, from sprites to tile sets, textures, backgrounds, and everything between, all for free!
Lets see what great games you can make with these great assets!
Rating Criteria ( Only submitters can rate in this jam)
* Story/Narrative * Music /Sound * Graphics/Artwork * Playability/Gameplay
#1 Winner ( Up to the Value of £5 to use on Humble Bundle) Rewarded to the game ranked #1st
#2 Runner-Up ( Up to the value of £3 to use on Humble Bundle) Rewarded to the game ranked #2nd
#3 Runner-Up ( Up to the value of £3 to use on Humble Bundle) Rewarded to the game ranked #3rd
"Best Story" ( Up to the value of £3 to use on Humble Bundle) Rewarded to the game ranked #1 in the 'Story/Narrative' category.
"Best Music" ( Up to the value of £3 to use on Humble Bundle) Rewarded to the game ranked 1# in the 'Music/Sound' category.
"Best Graphics" ( Up to the value of £3 to use on Humble Bundle) Rewarded to the game that is ranked #1 in 'Graphics/Artwork' category.
"Best Gameplay" ( Up to the value of £3 to use on Humble Bundle) Rewarded to the game that is ranked #1 in 'Playability/Gameplay' category.
"Best Coverage" voted for by the OGA Community ( Up to the value of £5 to use on Humble Bundle) Rewarded to the Person/s who create the best Video that covers all the games submitted to the game jam.( votes are cast by private messaging me on OGA website, 1 vote per member)
"OGA Favourite" voted for by the OGA Community ( Up to the value of £3 to use on Humble Bundle) community members can vote on their personal favourite game of the jam. ( votes are cast by private messaging me on OGA website, 1 vote per member)
"Best Contributor" ( Up to the value of £5 to use on Humble Bundle) Rewarded to the person who gets the most 'Favourites' on a asset created for the Game in the game jam and uploaded to OpenGameArt.org. (tag 'summerjam2020' on submissions)
Each participant will receive a 'participation' certificate with their ranked placing at the end of the jam.
Join Us on the Discord channel: https://discord.gg/ba6qgpF
1) You can use ANY game engine/software you desire, as long has you have the license/permissions to do so. Gamemaker, Unity, Java, HTML, scratch etc, or even you own created engine if you like. NO actual coding/programming until the start of the jam. Any pre-coded scripts or 'base code' should not be used until the start of the jam. Story boarding, editing, modifying, creating, locating your game assets for you project before the start of the jam is absolutely fine. :)
It is not mandatory to have a Windows build by default for your project, but i do recommend it having one for your project.
2) You MUST use a minimum of 6 Game Assets from OpenGameArt.org. (You can use other assets as well, so long as you have the rights/permissions to use.) If you are unable to find anything suitable for your project on OGA, you can create your own assets, but you should upload them to OGA website BEFORE the end of the jam so they can be considered as part of the 6 asset rule. By doing so you are also contributing to a great community, and we would love to see it.
3) You must credit the Author of the assets used, even if it's not required by the license. (Because this is nice thing to do)
- Please ensure you follow the license/s correctly for the assets you use. (for full details click on the asset license link)
4) You must have 'Credits' of the assets used in game from OpenGameArt within the games page description/game comments, and/or in game.
- Tip: All downloads and favourites are saved in your OGA account for easy use. You can also create a 'Collection'. Add assets you use to this and it will give you a complete 'Credits' file that you can download.
- Derivatives: If the license permits you to create a derivative work of an asset, then you still need to credit the original author, and if you do, then please share it on OGA, it would be cool to see it and have it available for others to use.
5) Game must not promote any sort of discrimination (such as racism, sexism etc) or political agendas, nothing that could cause offence. This jam is open to all ages. Games that have violence, horror and/or gore, I would ask that you provide some sort of warning before hand to protect younger audiences. That includes Soundtracks/voices. (I leave that for you to decide what's appropriate) :)
6) 'Prizes' must be claimed by Monday 31st August 2020, after that i will no longer be available.
'Prizes' are awarded per game, not per person, So those working in a team environment we need to share the 'Prizes'
7) 'Best Coverage' videos must cover ALL games that feature in the game jam, not just one or a few.
Please note: This Game Jam is not Endorsed, Sponsored or have any Affiliation with Humble Bundle or OpenGameArt.org itself. It has been put together and organised by me (chasersgaming) and some members of the community because some of us wanted to hold a Game Jam. Any Concerns or Questions regarding the 'Prizes' should be directed to me, or the Community pages here on the Jam pages. Thanks. :)
7) Have fun! (That's right, it's a rule)
There's no official theme for this Game Jam, So just think OGA, but if you are in need of some inspiration then try these links from previous OGA Art Challenges which are held every month on OGA.
Underground / PD Quick / Surt's Scraps / Share the Love / Science / Reborn /lost in time / Spooky / The Heavens / Missing Link/ Ice is Nice / Luck of the Draw / Experiment with Water / Upside Down, Inside Out
Good luck everyone who participate! The OGA community is excited to see what you create with the assets available! :)
Massive thank you to Xom Adept ! for designing and creating the OGA banner art for the jam. :)
Assets used to create the banner:
Title : Sara sketch portrait improvement
Author : Spring URL : https://opengameart.org/content/sara-sketch-portrait-improvement
License : CC-BY 3.0, CC-BY-SA 3.0, GPL 3.0, GPL 2.0
Title : Summer Otters w/ Signs
Author : Spring URL : https://opengameart.org/content/summer-otters-w-signs
License : CC0
Title : Pyramid Background Author : qubodup
License : CC0
Title : Beach 2D Backgrounds
Author : CraftPix.net 2D Game Assets
License : OGA-BY 3.0
Title : Pixel fonts by Pix3M
Author : Pix3M URL : https://opengameart.org/content/pixel-fonts-by-pix3m
License : CC-BY 3.0
Title : Plants and Flowers - Pixel Art
Author : peony URL : https://opengameart.org/content/plants-and-flowers-pixel-art
License : CC-BY 3.0
For the background :
Title : [LPC] Beach / Desert
Author : bluecarrot16
License : CC-BY-SA 3.0
No submissions match your filter