This jam is now over. It ran from 2021-03-31 16:00:00 to 2021-05-30 16:00:00. View results
Welcome to the OpenGameArt Spring 2021 Game Jam!
This Spring Jam is a special edition folks...
In the spirit of the season, the old is revitalised and grows anew. Over the 2 month Jam period, you have the opportunity to freshen up an old project. This can be a past Game Jam entry or something previously unseen. You can even start a new game from scratch, there are no holds barred. Coding is allowed from start to finish...
You may post a link to a 1 month milestone/previous build in the community section. This will get you more ratings in the new "how much has the game improved" criteria. i.e. if you don't supply a link you get 1 star in this category...
You can find the forum thread here:
Join us on Discord!
You must have 'Credits' of the assets used in the game from OpenGameArt within the games page description/game comments here on itch.io.
Entries into this jam must abide by the following rules. (Thanks to chasersgaming)
1) You may take the time leading up to the Jam to collect any assets and plan your game or the improvements and extra content you want to add to your existing game. Coding may commence from the day the Jam starts on April 1st.
2) You can use ANY game engine/software you desire, as long has you have the license/permissions to do so. Gamemaker, Unity, Java, HTML, scratch etc. Or even your own engine if you like.
It is not mandatory to have a Windows build by default for your project, but I do recommend having one for your project. That way more people have access to and can rate your game.
3) You MUST use a minimum of 6 Game Assets from OpenGameArt.org. (You can use other assets as well, so long as you have the rights/permissions to use.) If you are unable to find anything suitable for your project on OGA, you can create your own assets, but you should upload them to OGA website BEFORE the end of the voting period so they can be considered as part of the 6 asset rule. By doing so you are also contributing to a great community, and we would love to see it.
4) You must credit the Author of the assets used, even if it's not required by the license. (Because this is nice thing to do)
- Please ensure you follow the license/s correctly for the assets you use. (for full details click on the asset license link)
5) You must have 'Credits' of the assets used in game from OpenGameArt within the games page description/game comments here on itch.io.
Take the Game Jam banner at the top of this page as an example:
1. Name: Pixel Font https://opengameart.org/content/pixel-font-0
Author: PixelSid https://opengameart.org/users/pixelsid
License: CC BY-SA 4.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
Attribution: Pixel Font by PixelSid https://opengameart.org/content/pixel-font-0
2. Name: OGA Spring 2021 Game Jam [Special Edition!] - Banner Art https://opengameart.org/content/oga-spring-2021-game-jam-banner
Author: ZomBCool https://opengameart.org/users/zombcool
License: OGA-BY 3.0 https://opengameart.org/content/oga-by-30-faq
Attribution: OGA Spring 2021 Game Jam Banner by ZomBCool https://opengameart.org/content/oga-spring-2021-game-jam-banner
If you incorporate the Game Jam Banner into your submission somehow (intro/splash screen?), this counts as 2 game assets out of the 6 required.
- Tip: All downloads and favourites are saved in your OGA account for easy use. You can also create a 'Collection'. Add assets you use to this and it will give you a complete 'Credits' file that you can download.
- Derivatives: If the license permits you to create a derivative work of an asset, then you still need to credit the original author, and if you do, then please share it on OGA, it would be cool to see it and have it available for others to use.
5) Game must not promote any sort of discrimination (such as racism, sexism etc.) or political agendas, nothing that could cause offence. This jam is open to all ages. Games that have violence, horror and/or gore, I would ask that you provide some sort of warning before hand to protect younger audiences. That includes Soundtracks/voices. (I leave that for you to decide what's appropriate) :)
These jams are put together by the community over at https://opengameart.org/. A fantastic place to source graphics, music and sfx that you can use in your games at no cost! It's also a great place to hang out in general and be inspired by fellow gamers ;)
No submissions match your filter