The THEME is: Not What It Seems
Ok, maybe I have to clear that theme up. So basically what it means is some things in your game has to be fake. Simple, now, right?
You may be wondering: What can I incorporate into a game that is fake? Well, I have some ideas up my sleeve to get you started...
- Fake Walls/Ground
- Fake Power-ups
- Fake NPCs
- Fake Warps
- Fake Bonuses
- Fake Player (you control something else rather than the ''player'', like a block, for example)
- Fake Enemies
- You can only start when it is the 6th April (when the jam starts).
- You HAVE to finish on the 6th June. I can't allow you to finish late. No messing around.
- The game has to be free and be able to play on browser (unless you want to make a fully-fledged release on Steam or something).
- No horror games or NSFW content.
OK, so these are optional, you don't HAVE to do them, it's just a way to make your game a bit more... spicier.
- Add animated cutscenes or textboxes.
- Use Amazon Lumberyard.
- Share the source code so people can release mods/addons for your game.
- Do what's stated in the brackets of Rule 3.
Here's the link for the server to the jam: https://discord.com/invite/823252810522951681