Most games have some really dope pixel art but that isn't always necessary for you to make a great game. The goal of this jam is to focus more on game mechanics than art.
The theme will be posted in the forums when the jam starts to prevent people from getting a headstart.
- 100% of your game must be made within the allowed time period, except for fonts of course.
- No nsfw.
- If you can have an html version of your game that would be great, also with an html version much more people can enjoy your game :)
- Have fun and don't worry to much about ratings.
- All the colors throughout the whole game combined shouldn't be more than 10, each color with its own "color code" is considered a separate color.
- Each sprite should not contain more than 3 colors.
- Each background should not contain more than 2 colors.
- Each texture should not contain more than 2 colors.
- Special effects with particles and stuff should not contain more than 1 color.
- Music and sound effects should be chiptune(old school 8 bit). Interpret this however you want because I'm not a music expert.
- Transparency, dithering and shadows(the shadow color counts as one of the 10 colors) are allowed to some extent but don't overuse them.
- No pixel noise, no lighting, no gradients(this also means no gradient-ed alpha for transparency) and no blur effect because they aren't minimalistic.
- Sprites can overlap.
- 3d and 2d and even 2.5d is allowed
If coding isn't your strong side and you haven't found a team, please don't worry. It's fine to submit art, game concept art, an art pack, a music track/s, music sound effects, .etc. (Hint: when submitting you can upload multiple items under one submission.)