Most games have some really dope pixel art but that isn't always necessary for you to make a great game. The goal of this jam is to focus more on game mechanics than art.
Find A Team: https://crowdforge.io/jams/MJ3
- Your game must be made within the allowed time period. Using assets is allowed. However, you must mention that you used them in the game description.
- No nsfw.
- Having an html version of your game is encouraged because with an html version much more people can enjoy/review your game :)
- Have fun and don't worry to much about ratings.
- All the colors throughout the whole game combined shouldn't be more than 10, each color with its own "color code" is considered a separate color.
- Each sprite should not contain more than 3 colors.
- Each background should not contain more than 2 colors.
- Each texture should not contain more than 2 colors.
- Special effects with particles and stuff should not contain more than 1 color.
- Music and sound effects should be chiptune(old school 8 bit). Interpret this however you want because I'm not a music expert.
- Transparency, dithering and shadows(the shadow color counts as one of the 10 colors) are allowed to some extent but don't overuse them.
- No pixel noise, no lighting, no anti-aliasing, no gradients(this also means no gradient-ed alpha for transparency) and no blur effect because they aren't minimalistic.
- Sprites can overlap.
- 3d and 2d and even 2.5d is allowed
If coding isn't your strong side and you haven't found a team, please don't worry. It's fine to submit art, game concept art, an art pack, a music track/s, music sound effects, .etc. (Hint: when submitting you can upload multiple items under one submission.)