This jam is now over. It ran from 2020-08-15 13:00:00 to 2020-09-15 13:00:00. View results
I really like metroidvania games (in particular the Metroid ones), but I feel that it is hard to find good metroidvania games. So I give you the challenge to make a metroidvania game in a limit of time of 1 month. What's a metroidvania game?
1. Assets should all be made during the jam period. External assets can be used if you have the rights to and leave credit to the author when submitting in the "External assets" field. General purpose code, designing, bases and models, placeholders, and story can be made before the start of the jam.
2. Incomplete games are accepted, I would like to see them evolve if it's a project that you'll continue. So don't stress to make a complete game! But your submission should be playable.
3. Teaming is accepted.
4. The game needs to have a PG-13 rating or below.
5. Your game should be free! You understand that selling it will cut out your ratings. You can put it on a sale for the duration of the rating period and set it back to its normal price after that.
6. I'm accepting late entries until 24 hours after the end of the submission period. Uploads will also be unlocked, so if you have a bug fix to publish, do it during this time!
They are voted on one week before the jam, and the theme is announced on the start of the jam. You are free to use the theme or not, it is only for inspiration and won't affect your score.
Games will be rated on these criterias:
Music and sounds
Engagement (if you want to continue to play the game) and general
Everyone who submitted or contributed to a submission is able to rate. If you didn't, you can still leave a comment, every feedback is appreciated! Results are out one week after the end of the submission period.
Thanks to the generosity of Direphon, the winner will be able to choose a game in their catalogue, including Getting over it, Jotun, and more!
Hope to see you participate and I am impatient to see your games!
You can join the Discord server for questions and more things!
Banner made by Zahran Worrell.
No submissions match your filter