Due to COVID-19 our ordinary scheduled Fall Game Jam will take place online.
- The game jam takes place during a weekend starting on Friday evening Central European Time (UTC+1).
- Main communication channel is LiU Game Jam's Discord. Official communication will be in English but expect to encounter some Swedish as well.
- First we are going to hold an introduction stream and generate themes together.
- After that everyone is mixed into temporary discussion groups on the Discord server. These groups brainstorm ideas of game projects based on the themes and later pitch an idea to the rest of the attending jammers.
- Groups to work with are formed by the jammers themselves after the brainstorming/pitch session. This means that you are not required to have a team before joining the jam.
- After that we jam away and build amazing games.
The theme for Fall Game Jam 2020 is:
The themes are generated at the start of the jam by taking random pairs of words submitted by participants. Theme words are submitted via private message to the bot Baby Boi in LiU Game Jam's Discord before start of the event.
Theme word rules:
- Should only be one English word
- Should not be a game genere (ex. FPS, RTS)
- Keep it safe for work.
Friday 13th 18:00
- Introduction Stream.
- Theme generation from submitted theme words.
- Brainstorming together with other jammers on Discord, similar to our IRL jams.
- Team forming.
Sunday 15th 18:00
- Game Jam deadline to upload result to Itch.io.
LiU Game Jam is organized by LiTHe kod - a student association at Linköping University for everyone that likes programming. We usually arrange IRL Game Jams but due to COVID-19 moved this jam Online. Contact us at LiU Game Jam's Discord.