This jam is now over. It ran from 2019-08-14 05:00:00 to 2019-09-02 05:00:00. View results
Welcome to Jam For The Breakfast Of Tomorrow, an RPG Maker based contest!
The goal is to make a game using any RPG Maker engine. The catch is that every entry must use the same premise:
The MC needs to get their breakfast. However, the world seems to be against this idea.
Minor inconveniences pile up one after the other until it escalates to an eventual war.
But the MC has an undying will. They will not stop due to their mentor's advice:
"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day"
The winners of this contest, depending on their placing, will receive copies of RPG Maker VX, RPG Maker XP, RPG Maker 2003, and RPG Maker 2000 on Steam!
While there are prizes to be claimed, know that every effort for all submissions will always output joy, no matter the outcome!
1. Development must be started after the beginning of the contest [August 14, 2019]. This includes assets made specifically for the game. Resources made prior to this jam are allowed.
2. Games must be submitted by the deadline which is on [September 2, 2019 MIDNIGHT Central Time]
3. Games can be made with RPG Maker 2000, RPG Maker 2003, RPG Maker XP, RPG Maker VX, RPG Maker VX Ace, and RPG Maker MV. Free trials for Versions XP - MV can be found here.
4. The team can be yourself or however many people you want. However, the prize winnings will be given to the user who submits the game.
5. But! You can only be personally involved in 2 jam entries max.
6. If you have a game intended for mature audiences, please mark it as such.
7. No plagiarism or cheating! 8. Games must be in English. Additional languages are welcome. 9. Entries must have all the files required to run the game, including RTP. Any game that can't run will be disqualified.
10. Judges have the right to disqualify games that break any of the above rules or any other reason they believe it should be penalized.
11. Games MUST use the prompt given, failure to do so results in an automatic disqualification
1st Place: Wins one code to receive RPG Maker VX on Steam
2nd Place: Wins one code to receive RPG Maker XP on Steam
3rd Place: Wins one code to receive RPG Maker 2003 on Steam
Community's Pick: Wins one code to Receive RPG Maker 2000 on Steam
Places 1st to 3rd will be chosen by a team of judges who will grade and vote each entry after the contest's end.
Community's Pick will be decided by the number of votes given to the entries after the contest's end. The submission with the highest amount of votes by the end of the voting period will be crowned the Community's Pick.
Prizes will be distributed via email.
Games will be judged based on these categories:
Since all entries will have the same premise, how will your story shine in a way no other will?
You can have something out there or you can have a traditional RPG! The question is, will it engaging?
Did you do the bare minimum? Or did you go even further beyond? This means custom graphics, music, sounds, or anything that just shows you put in love!
Want to discuss the contest, your game, or anything jam related?