Ghosts are everywhere, lurking in the cracks of old buildings, on the ruins of abandoned railways, or deep in forests long left behind by humans. They can be metaphors for lingering suffering, symbols of unfinished deeds, or echoes of violent wrongdoings. Those can all be scary! However, we at *Strange Pact* are interested in games that explore the melancholy, mystery, and wonder that ghosts embody. Fear doesn't *have* to be the only emotion ghosts stir in us, and we figured we'd make a game jam of all the other feelings ghosts can bring.
The theme of the jam is simple: make a game about ghosts where horror isn't the main genre.
This is a remote jam running for the entire month of October. Make sure to submit your entries to this page before the crack of midnight on All Hallows’ Eve… *cough* Halloween *cough*
Okay before we begin, there are a few things that we want to go over
- First, this will be an all ages jam! We ask that you keep games to PG-13 or less so that our younger creators can enjoy everything the community creates.
- Second, we understand "game" to be a super broad category and welcome everything-- this includes digital games, board games, card games, tabletop RPGs, LARPs, whatever you’d like to create.
- Third, please make all final assets for your game within the timeframe, including code, art, music, etc. (with the exception of boilerplate code and tools--we don't expect you to build all your controllers from scratch and whatnot if you have some that you used in other projects). You're free to use assets that you did not make so long as you have permission from the original author.
- Fourth, we won't tolerate any kind of hate or vitriol, including but not limited to racism, sexism, homophobia, and transphobia. If you make anything that we find distasteful/hateful or mistreat any other jammers, we'll remove your entry and ban you.
- Fifth, this jam is for all skill levels! Work on something fun for yourself, and try out new things or old favs. Encourage one another and build community, discouragement of your fellow jammers is frowned upon.
Have fun, and let us know if you have any questions. The discord is here, and you can always email us at email@example.com or find us at @StrangePact on Twitter (which you should follow, as we'll be tweeting jam info and ideas, along with snippets of things we're working on)