RPI Game Dev Club invites you to join our game jam!
Our game jams are open to any member of the Troy community, especially those at RPI. We start at 2pm in Sage 2510, where you can meet and team up with other jammers. The theme is announced at the beginning of the jam in person as well as on Facebook. You will have 24 hours (max) to make your game and submit it to itch.io. At 2pm the next day, we will meet in the same room to present games, and afterwards our professional judges will give you feedback.
This is our first real jam on itch.io, so if you've been to our jams before, please take extra care to note our rules and familiarize yourself with the itch.io jam system.
We encourage you to post your jam progress on Twitter (mention us @rpigamedev) or in our Discord chat.
Theme: Educate the Player
- All games must be created during the time of the jam
- No previously made games allowed.
- This includes partly-finished work.
- For this jam, there is a hard limit of 4 people per team. We also ask that you don't work with anyone who isn't present at RPI or the surrounding community (i.e. working with people from online)
- Submitted games must be playable on your chosen demo platform (probably Windows)
- No project files, just the binary and other resources
- No external dependencies for the binary besides easily obtainable runtimes (if it needs more than one installer or any manual tweaking, it's out)
- When presenting, you must present the build of the game you submitted to itch.io.
- Your game is only eligible for judging/prizes if the team presents their game in person.
- You may comment and rate games that aren't present at judging of course.
- You will have 5 minutes to present your game. We will try to be more strict than usual to be fair to other presenters.
- Be courteous towards other jammers.
- Be professional when presenting your game.