The theme for Cause Jam VIII will be announced on Discord
Welcome to Cause Jam! This isn't just your ordinary game jam. This is a game jam that will help kids for life.
Games created for Cause Jam will be included in charity bundles sold to raise money to support children in hospitals. Every game you create for this cause will get publicity as a part of our bundles, get placed in the hands of industry veterans for judging and feedback, and could even win awards and be brought to industry conferences for further recognition.
Every bundle sold helps one child. Every game added makes the bundles better. Every person contributing is making a difference.
We want to help children in hospitals, and we want to help you in your game development journey. That's why together we help children in hospitals, we also want to provide coaching from game industry professionals, direct feedback from industry veterans, and resources to support you.
- As a nonprofit, we have some paperwork stuff that other jams don't. It's quick though, and once you do it for one Cause Jam, you're covered for any other further volunteering you do with Games For Love. Register here:
- Join our Discord community:
- Introduce yourself in our Discord server's #general-jam-chat
- Join our Kickoff December 2nd, 2022 5 PM PT: https://join.butter.us/gamesforlove/VPNYJVDGO
- Check out the theme in our Discord server's #current-jam-info channel (the theme will only be lieve after the Kickoff) (metamorphosis)
- Make your game
- Optional: Get coaching from game developers active in the industry. Times and links are available in Discord.
- Submit your game using the provided form in Discord's #cause-jam-submissions channel by October 28th, 2022 11:59 PM PT
- Get involved with community voting up before November 4th, 2022 11:59 PM PT. Industry game dev judging begins.
- Join our Celebration Party on November 11th, 2022 5 PM - 7 PM PT. Link will be posted in Discord.
|February 3th, 2023, 5 PM PT
||- Kickoff - [LINK]
|February 9th, 2023, 5 PM - 7 PM PT
||- Coaching (Optional)
|February 16th, 2023, 5 PM - 7 PM PT
||- Coaching (Optional)
|February 24th, 2023, 11:59 PM PT
||- Submissions Deadline - Community voting begins
|March 3rd, 2023, 11:59 PM PT
||- Community voting ends Cause Jam - Industry panel judging begins
|March 10th, 2023, 11:59 PM PT
||- Celebration Party (JAMboree)
Cause Jam Rules
- The game can be made in any engine.
- You can work alone or in a team of any size.
- The game does not have to be created during the jam as long as you have rights to submit it (previous assets, code, and packages may be used, as long as you either have full rights over them or they are under a Creative Commons CC0 license).
- Games must be developed as E for Everyone. No NSFW, offensive, gory/overly violent, etc. content.
- Games must not contain controversial topics, such as politics, religion, cussing, references to drugs, alcohol, or sex.
- Final submissions must include:
- A build that is playable on desktop PC, without any external software (can include other build platforms, but must include PC)
- A zip folder of your project files
What is Games For Love?
Helping Kids For Life ®
We're Games For Love, a nonprofit dedicated to easing suffering, saving lives, and creating sustainable futures for children. Since 2018, we've already positively impacted over 1.25 million children's lives across 3 countries, and we plan to reach 10 million children over the next 5 years.
You can learn more about us in the video below and at gamesforlove.org.