This jam is now over. It ran from 2021-01-26 23:00:00 to 2021-02-02 23:00:00. View 7 entries
NOTE: this jam site is used for an online showcase only. Please register & submit your game to https://globalgamejam.org/. The official deadline for this jam site is 31 Jan 8.00AM UTC (3.00AM EST, 9.00 CET, 17.00 JST, 19.00 AEDT, etc.) but you can submit your game a little later on this website. So, submit your game on the official website first and submit it on this website after.
- Global Game Jam® (GGJ®) is a worldwide game creation event which happens annually. For more information about GGJ, have a look at their website.
- Gæmz Meetup started as an on-site event in Tokyo in 2019 for art/experimental games & interactive/playful media developers, enthusiasts, and the like to network and hang out.
- Gæmz GGJ21 will take place in Gæmz Meetup Discord.
- If you are a Twitter person, consider checking out Gæmz Meetup Twitter (@gaemzmu) for retweets and whatnots.
- Official hashtag for this game jam site is #gaemzggj. Official hashtag for main GGJ is #GGJOnline this year.
1. Create an account on Global Game Jam's website and join Gæmz Meetup #GGJ21.
2. Join here (so that your game will be listed in the collection/showcase) *recommended but not mandatory
3. Join Gæmz Discord (see the link above).
3.5. Once you're in Discord and you have completed step 1, please go to #announcements channel and hit the emoji react to get the GGJ role.
4. Check out the keynote and theme announcement. It will be streamed in Discord at 8.00am UTC but if you can't make it, it will be posted in the special channel. (but keep it a secret to the people outside this jam site since each jam site starts at a different time!)
5. Make a game or more. (but feel free to not really finish your game; you can do that after the game jam)
6. Upload your game(s) to Global Games Jam's website by the deadline. (hot tip: upload a placeholder project before the deadline!)
6.5. If you can, upload a gameplay video/trailer on one of those video upload websites. Don't know where to start? Meet your new friend, OBS Studio.
7. Upload your game(s) to this jam page.
8. If you can, come hang out with us at the end of the game jam session at 14.00 UTC (7am PST, 9am EST, 3pm CET 5pm MSK, 11pm JST 1am AEDT, etc.) Then, please present your game!
9. If there's anything else I haven't mentioned here, have a look at the official GGJ ONLINE Manual.
10. GGJ recommends all jammers to join the official Discord where you can meet jammers around the world and get the latest news from GGJ.
- Gæmz Meetup is based in Tokyo (UTC+9). Therefore, the deadline for this jam site is 31 Jan 8.00AM UTC (3.00AM EST, 9.00 CET, 17.00 JST, 19.00 AEDT, etc.) However, the official guide recommends uploading the project 2 hours before (6AM UTC) in order to prevent network issues.
- The theme will be announced at 8am UTC, 27 Jan but feel free to start/take breaks/finish your game anytime between 3pm UTC, 26 Jan and the deadline as the guide says that you can start jamming anytime Wednesday 27 January.
- There will be the beginning of the jam hangout session in the public voice chat (#voiced voices) at 3pm UTC on the 26th. If you are still deciding or you just wanna have a peek, feel free to pop by.
- I'll open the voice chat at 2pm UTC on the 27th–the 29th (and maybe the 30th) for a quick catch up and whatnots. It's not mandatory but because we can't just meet over the coffee machine, it would be actually cool to have you if you feel like it!
- We could have a video chat session for self introduction, etc. at 3pm UTC Tuesday 26 January. (which is technically the 27th in JST)
So, here's the timetable:
time is in UTC (JST in brackets) | what | location
14.00 26 Jan (23.00) | Intro hangout session keynote(s) & theme announcement | #voiced voices (public voice chat)
08.00 27 Jan (17.00) | Jam starts | participants only chat channel (let's talk about game ideas!)
14.00 27 Jan (23.00) | Catch up sesh | participants only voice channel
14.00 28 Jan (23.00) | Catch up sesh | participants only voice channel
14.00 29 Jan (23.00) | Catch up sesh | tba
14.00 30 Jan (23.00) | Catch up sesh? | tba
06.00 31 Jan (15.00) | GGJ recommends uploading games to their website | GGJ website
08.00 31 Jan (17.00) | Jam finishes. Definitely submit your game by then! | participants only channel
14.00 31 Jan (23.00) | Wrapping up & presentation | #voiced voices
??.?? 3 Feb (??.??) | Submission deadline for this jam page | itch.io Gæmz GGJ jam page
- You need to be over 18 to join this jam site. Sorry young people.
- Gæmz Meetup and this jam site is organised by Nomi who is usually online. (twitter/instagram)
Let's have a long & chill game jam!
No submissions match your filter