Paranormal Flash Jam is an event where you create a game from scratch in a two days based on a theme. The theme is revealed at the start of the event.
You can join our Discord channel for the event: https://discord.gg/AmFvpgj
THE THEME IS: "Ragnarok"
The Jam is an event for everyone. Teams, individuals, anyone that wants to come out and make something.
- Work alone or in a team.
- Create a game in 48 hours.
- Your game, all your content (i.e. Art, Music, Sound, etc) must be created in 48 hours.
- Fonts are allowed.
- Creative Commons music is allowed
- A logo/intro screen for you/your brand is allowed.
- Photos and recordings you make of people or things are allowed, just you must acquire them during the event.
- Content generators are allowed.
- Texture masks, brushes, drums, loops, sampled instruments, and similar assets are allowed, but only if they are used to create a derivative work.
All participants that submit a game are allowed to judge. Games are given 1-5 star ratings in each category, or N/A where not applicable. The categories include:
- Innovation – The unexpected. Things in a unique combination, or something so different it’s notable.
- Fun – How much you enjoyed playing a game. Did you look up at the clock, and found it was 5 hours later?
- Theme – How well an entry suits the theme. Do they perhaps do something creative or unexpected with the theme?
- Graphics – How good the game looks, or how effective the visual style is. Nice artwork, excellent generated or geometric graphics, charming programmer art, etc.
- Audio – How good the game sounds, or how effective the sound design is. A catchy soundtrack, suitable sound effects given the look, voice overs, etc.
- Humor – How amusing a game is. Humorous dialog, funny sounds, or is it so bad it’s good?
- Mood – Storytelling, emotion, and the vibe you get while playing.
- Overall – Your overall opinion of the game, in every aspect important to you.
Rules based on: http://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/rules