Cancelled due to lack of interest.
1. You can be either an artist or a programmer. At the start of the jam, pair up.
2. Everyone sees the same thematic prompt. Artist and the programmer can both interpret the theme however they want.
3. The only way to communicate with your partner is the template sheet: a blank sprite sheet with sizes defined. It also suggested uses: enemy, pickup, wall, item, friend etc. The goal is not to restrict you to a genre, but to provide a little information to work with. You don't have to use them all, but if you choose not to use all of them, you should decide as a pair exactly WHICH sprites you want to use before you start.
4. Then you make the game! The artist will draw in the sprite sheet, and the programmer will code with only the placeholder template.
5. After the jam is over, replace the template sprite sheet with the real sprites, and we play the games!
6. DON'T PEEK!
THIS IS A JAM HOSTED BY AND FOR THE AGDG COMMUNITY AT 4CHAN.
IF YOU ARE NOT A PART OF THE COMMUNITY THEN THIS JAM IS NOT FOR YOU.