This jam is now over. It ran from 2022-06-05 23:00:00 to 2022-06-12 23:00:00. View 6 entries
The ZX Spectrum Next can run programs from the /dot folder. These are called dot files. What is less known is that any 8K machine code binary that can run from address $2000 (8192 in decimal) with the extension ".dot" can be a dot file. This kind of dot file can be run from anywhere.
So the purpose of this jam is to try to create an interesting game, demo or tool in the form of a .dot file.
1) The final .dot file can be no larger than 8K (so no bootstrapping more code into memory).
2) It is not required for the .dot file to return to the operating system.
3) Any amount of memory can be used at run time, but no loading data not contained in the original 8K dot file.
4) You are not required to release source code, but it is encouraged to teach other people.
5) A submission can come from a team of a people, not just a single programmer.
6) Copyright and ownership is retained by the authors.
7) You can only load external files that the dot file produces itself. The only exception to this rule is if the dot file is a tool that does data conversion where the input file is clearly used to produce an output file.
No submissions match your filter