DDLC Inspired Jam 2018! - Make a DDLC fangame or a DDLC inspired game!
1/ What is DDLC?(taken from Wikipedia):
Doki Doki Literature Club! is a visual novel developed by Team Salvato. It was released on September 22, 2017 for Microsoft Windows, Mac and Linux. The story follows a male high school student who joins the Literature Club and interacts with its four female members. The game features a mostly linear story, with some alternate scenes and endings depending on the choices the player makes. While it appears at first glance to be a dating simulator, it is in fact a psychological horror game that involves heavy use of breaking the fourth wall
2/ Rule:<a href="https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doki_Doki_Literature_Club!#cite_note-3" ]<3]<="" a=""></a>
- Please make sure your game doesn't violate Dan Salvato's IP Guideline or we will be forced to take your game down
- If your game is a DDLC fangame, then you won't be limited to the horror genre and can do any genre that you want to! (for example: DDPC - A platformer game with characters from DDLC)
- If your game is a DDLC inspired game, your game must be a visual novel with meta elements but the game won't be limited to horror only
- You can use any game engine you want!
- Your game must not contain NSFW content: gore, nudity, sex, drug,...
- If you make a DDLC fangame please make sure to add "This game isn't intended to replace DDLC and it is recommended to play DDLC first before playing this game" on the intro of your game
- You are allowed to use assets from the internet as long as you have the permission to it
- All of your script and assets must be created during the jam during the jam
3/ Youtubers list: We got no one yet
Can I update my game after the deadline?
Of course! The jam was create to motivate you not holding you back :)
Can I use other people's work?
We do not take responsibility for any unauthorised uses of other peoples' work (e.g. music, sound, art) and any consequences that may result from its use. Please use work that you are authorised to use or that you created from scratch yourself.
Is there any restrictions to game engines?
No! You are free to use whatever you want!
What is the voting categories for this jam?
This is just a fun non ranked jam aimed for game makers to create something DDLC-related or something that is inspired by DDLC so your work won't be ranked at all.
Can I update my game after the jam?
Yep. The game belongs to you
This jam is not created by Salvato Team and in anyway affiliated with them. However, if you are the creator of the game and want this jam to be removed then I will do it with not a single complaint