Let's dive right into 2020 together!
The rules are simple!
- The game must be an analogue roleplaying game only (TTRPG, LARP, etc)
- THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE: The game must use two twenty sided dice (2D20) as a central mechanic of the game
- The game must be a standalone game! But hacks and the like are more than welcome
- The game can be as short as one page, or as many pages as you like
- You can brainstorm and such before the jam starts, but please only submit games you worked on during the jam period
- The game can be a prototype, a draft, etc. This is a game jam, have fun with it! No pressure!
- HAVE FUN!
(Totally) Optional Design Challenges:
- The two dice are at odds with each other
- The mechanics don't use a binary fail/pass result from the D20
- The game focuses on the following themes of the new year: resolutions, new beginnings, setting goals, turning over a new leaf, etc
- The game is made to introduce new people to our awesome hobby
A few more things:
- Your game jam host is Jamila R. Nedjadi (@temporalhiccup + https://temporalhiccup.itch.io/). Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions!
- You are encouraged to price your game however you see fit! Your work has value. Though we do encourage things like a discount for marginalized folk, community copies, or an offer to send a copy of the game for those going through financial hardship, etc.
- Any form of hate will not be tolerated. Games promoting racism, sexism, homophobia, colorism, ableism, fascism, transphobia, islamophobia, antisemitism, or other bigotry will be removed from the jam.
- This game jam is part of the many parts of the SWORD DREAM community.