This jam is now over. It ran from 2018-12-21 17:00:00 to 2018-12-31 22:59:59. View 2 entries
50 years ago, in 1968, was founded the Club of Rome. An "organisation of individuals who share a common concern for the future of humanity and strive to make a difference."
They soon published a book named The Limits to Growth (1972), which had two objectives:
And concluded that:
We live now in a world where, at the same time:
- much progress has been done in crime & famine reduction, science & technology...
- climate, pollution & biodiversity are not at their best, to say the least.
Some people claim that a collapse of modern civilization is to be expected (be it global or scattered). Some other think that it's exaggerated, thinking that new energy sources and/or technos like AI will help us live better and better in the foreseable future.
Pick a period, a place. Any date, any location (somewhat related to Earth at least ;)), whatever.
Just make a game (in any genre and engine) which will give "one" of your vision(s) about our collective future.
Additionnal modifiers (you may use that to help finding ideas or work on technical challenges):
- game uses graphs/diagrams
- game mixes 2 traditionnal gameplays
- game uses almost no language, needing no translation to be understood
- game has an elaborate options screen (ability to choose music/sound volume, maybe resolution and so on)
- game has several difficulty settings and/or cheat codes
It's a reference to some subreddits ;)
Yeah, that's the pun. No big deal :D
No submissions match your filter