Our emotions are stars; we are constellations.
Ad Astra Jam is a tabletop RPG jam about feels in space, focusing on the emotional aspect of outer space in all its many forms.
Submissions open from November 1st to
December 14th December 31st.
- Write a tabletop or other physical/analog RPG game
- Includes standalone games, hacks, modules, supplements
- Any length of game is accepted
- Provide a text-only or screen-reader friendly version (use this tool to check)
- Multiple submissions welcome, and you can also resubmit already created/submitted games to this jam
- Whatever you make must center around the theme of feels/emotions in space, and your interpretations of the terms
- Feels/emotions can include love, loss, happiness, sadness, anticipation, excitement, fear, and more
- Space can include astronauts, spaceships, planets, constellations, stars, galaxies, black holes, aliens, and more
- Feels/emotions in space can include feelings towards some aspect of space, feelings between entities happening in space, emotionally intense situations in space, and more
- No games with bigotry or promotion of hatred towards marginalized groups
- E.g. sexism, racism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism
- Have fun and be safe!
- Make sure to take care of yourself
- Keep safety and communication tools in mind during your design (we highly recommend referencing the TTRPG Safety Toolkit created by Kienna Shaw and Lauren Bryant-Monk (@jl_nicegirl))
- Have warnings and precautions for your game (both on its main page and in the game itself) if it includes any material that may be considered adult or sensitive
This jam is hosted by Kienna Shaw (@KiennaS on Twitter/kiennas.itch.io), Dylan Grinder (@Anarisis on Twitter/anarisis.itch.io), and Death by Mage (@DeathByMage on Twitter/deathbymage.itch.io). If there's any questions about this jam, feel free to contact them!