This jam is now over. It ran from 2022-10-17 03:00:00 to 2022-11-01 03:00:00. View results
Created in order to get more people excited about making games inspired by late 90s aesthetics, this jam is for any project that looks like it belongs in the PS1 era. It's the perfect opportunity for developers and artists interested in 3D to have their first stab at it, as simple 3D visuals are part of the aesthetic. Full 3D, 3D mixed with 2D, Full 2D submissions are ALL allowed, as long as they feel like they belong in the same graphical era.
Logo credit: Arch-D-Triumph
1st place - $100
AniStal Bastion AKA RookRules has a #LetsCheckitOutSeries where he make videos on indie games. During the rating period, entries for this jam will be streamed by him on his Youtube and Twitch channels.
There are two themes for this jam: Another World or The Ocean. These themes are OPTIONAL, your submission may use one, both or neither! The themes are given for anyone who wants a little inspiration for deciding on what to make.
1. You can use assets from pre-made asset libraries or create your own, just make sure to give due credit.
2. 3D mixed with 2D, Fully 2D, Fully 3D games are all allowed. For fully 2D games we encourage submissions that feature sprite transformations, transparency, full color sprites and other features that were not yet possible with (most) 16 bit consoles!
3. You can use whatever game engine you like, as long as the final result looks like it could run on a Playstation 1, Sega Saturn, or the Panasonic 3DO if you're feeling fancy. Think 240p, 4:3 aspect ratio, extremely lowpoly, low rez unfiltered textures!
4. While not strictly 32-bit, N64 games are also allowed as long as they feel authentic to the era.
5. Homebrew entries (Entries that run on actual classic hardware) are also allowed.
6. Working in teams is allowed. Working on multiple projects is also allowed.
7. This jam is ranked, and voting is open to the public.