This jam is now over. It ran from 2017-10-21 08:00:00 to 2017-10-22 19:25:00. View results
Always wanted to try your hand at making a game? Well now's your chance! We will be hosting a game jam on the 21st-22nd October at NUI Galway! Not a student? No problem! This event is open to anyone, from inexperienced first-timers to veterans! Come along to make a video or board game and unleash your creativity!
Make a game in our 24 hour game jam held over two 12 hour days (9am to 9pm) at NUIG.
The event is being run by One Game a Month Galway, and CompSoc.
Prizes details will be announced on the day!
Attendees can form teams or work individually. The organisers will assist in the creation of team, and pre-made teams are allowed.
Free wifi will be provided and the password will be made available on the day.
You don't need to attend both days, if you can only make one day then that's totally fine! Don't use missing a day as an excuse to not attend!
The theme for the game jam will be announced in the venue on the day. It is okay to deviate from the theme, it serves mostly to help jumpstart your creative process.
What you need:
Bring your own laptop/computer, devices, peripherals, and cables.
Bring pen a paper to help you write down notes and ideas.
Make sure you've installed/updated any programs you need and updated your anti-virus software (+scanned!) before you attend the jam.
Please bring your own food and drinks, and dispose of or take away your rubbish.
Code of conduct:
This is normally not even required as we tend to have an excellent time. However, in the interest of keeping the event fun and safe we have some rules. It typically boils down to "Be excellent to each other".
At least one organiser will be on the premises at any one time, though we typically have 2 or 3.
If you have any questions or queiries feel free to approach an organiser.
As an attendee you agree to the following:
* You agree to follow the decision of the organiser in any dispute over conduct or involving the organiser.
* Organisers reserve the right to refuse addmission.
* Should an organiser find an attendee's behaviour to be inappropriate for the safe enjoyment of the gamejam the organiser will take appropriate action.
* In any case if an attendee is told to leave by an organiser, the attendee must leave the venue immediately.
* Any breach of the code of conduct will be dealt with on a case by case basis by the organisers to their best judgement
No submissions match your filter