This jam is now over. It ran from 2021-11-17 15:00:00 to 2021-12-08 22:59:59. View results
Are you just starting out with RPG Maker or already familiar with the engine? Do you have trouble finishing your games? Is your project folder full of unfinished games? Do you wish to finally finish a project? Are you looking for a game jam to motivate you to finally finish something? Then this one is for you! Try to complete a game in 16 days. Hopefully, at the end of the game jam you will have something playable you can be proud of!
Bonus Challenges: Unlike the Theme, these are entirely optional. Feel free to do one, two, all of them or ignore them completely.
For this game jam, the optional challenges are the following three:
1 - Farm Boy/Girl: The protagonist lives at a farm.
2 - Stronger Than It Looks: The most powerful weapon is some kind of farming tool like a sickle, pitchfork or scythe.
3 - Farm of Adventure: There's an abandoned farm filled with monsters and treasure that the protagonist ventures to.
- You can only start working on the actual game project after the submission period starts, but you can start planning and creating/gathering assets, plugins and other resources before that time.
- Your game must be made in an RPG Maker engine (2000, 2003, XP, VX, VX Ace, MV, MZ).
- Abide by the EULA of whichever version of RPG Maker you use to make your game.
- Your game must incorporate the Theme in some way,
- Abide by itch.io's Terms of Service.
- Suggestions: If you use RPG Maker MV or MZ to make your game, try to include a Browser version of your game if you can. It's not a requirement and you don't have to do so, but you will get a lot more people to play your game if it can be played in a browser.