Jobs
Tags

Why was my submission disqualified? Locked

A topic by Saikederikku created 33 days ago Views: 314 Replies: 13
This topic was locked by Zeno 23 days ago

the comments are getting a little too far

Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted(-4)

Why? I've checked the rules and it follows all of them. Mine was Mazegame.

(+3)

It looks like your game was published to itch before the game jam started - it probably was DQ'd for being premade.

Host(+2)(-1)

kalanggam is correct.

Submitted(+1)(-5)

Just reread the rules... It never says that the project can't be premade!

Host

image.png

Submitted(-1)

"you are already good to go if you follow the rules above." And also, that's about premade ASSETS. Not GAMES. You've cropped it to make it look like it says premade games. I did not use ANY premade assets.

Submitted(+3)

It may not be in the general rules, but cmon, it's common snese that a game for a game jam must be made freshly, if not then what's even the point of a time limit.

Submitted(-1)

As I've already said to Zeno, That rule is about premade assets. Not premade games. If that is a rule for the jam, it would be specified.

Submitted(-1)

And also, its called "The perfect jam for beginners." People who have not ever entered a jam/game competition before might not know that, and the premade games rule isn't a rule in all jams, so it should be written in the rules.

Submitted

..... what are you trying to achieve. Even if rules didnt state it correctly they also say 'mods have rights to be mods' basicly so if you are disqualified you are. Thats it. Simple

Submitted

It's not that they didn't state it correctly though. They didn't state it at all.  My submission was disqualified for no reason. 

Submitted

the owner of the jam literally confirmed the reason with the second commend on this thread. What part of it is hard to understand

Submitted

I mean they didn't state it in the rules.

Host(+2)(-1)

This is getting a little far I’m locking this post.

Host locked this topic