SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Hey textual gamers, record here your progress

A topic by Maidelen created 32 days ago Views: 616 Replies: 26
Viewing posts 1 to 18
Submitted (2 edits) (+1)

I just started writting, let's see if its bad

edit: Good job to all of you, this jam was amazing. Hope Terrance wins, that is my favorite. It's going to be kind of sad to get again to (try) do good visual novels, this was fun. It would be more fun without my thing of leaving everything until it's late. Well, best wishes to everyone!!

(+1)

I'm gonna try my best using MSPaint with this one

Have an idea for a project but worried that I’ll make it accidentally “so-bad-it’s-good.” Not really sure what the qualifiers are but I’m gonna try my best!

Submitted

Put the less effort possible, so it will come as bad

Submitted

2000 words is like the limit, right? 1000 words equals 5 minutes according to the page. Well, mine's is not a full fledged story really, is more a general idea. I wanna see how others make a story in a 10 minute visual novel.

HostSubmitted(+1)

There's no limit! You can make the game as long as you like~ 

1000 words is used as an example because I personally have done 1000 word VNs and played plenty too. I recommend checking out the VNs made for the Only One of Any Asset Jam (O2A2), because they're perfect in terms of what we think of a minimum for this jam. We'd rather have some low effort games than no effort games (as in, the dev makes the game immediately crash or unplayable), hence the minimum rule.

Submitted

Understood. Sounds logical, and I hope at least get a bad VN with a ending instead of not being able to submit nothing.

HostSubmitted(+1)

If it helps, having a finished game isn't part of the rules! Unfinished games are welcome, and could, in fact, enchance how bad your VN is ;D

Submitted (1 edit)

Just putted a meme has a final boss whose fight cannot be beaten. This is going to be terrible. Maybe this counts as bad on purpose, but not that much.

Submitted

Remove it because i am a coward

(2 edits) (+2)

I haven’t touched RenPy or RenJS nearly at all, so I have a funny idea. I already kind of have an idea of what my story’s going to be about, so what if I gave myself 15 minutes to write the full script, 15 minutes to draw all the assets, and an hour to implement all of it in RenJS/RenPy?

A whole game from start to finish in 90 minutes from a vague plan in my head that I haven’t written down. Does anyone who’s learned RenPy or RenJS think this is possible, or should I give myself more time?

Submitted

Read the parts of the tutorial games for the basics and what  you want to put, for some hours. Later try to do that.

HostSubmitted

Sounds like a fun challenge! I'd say do it and see if it works. The jam lasts for 3 weeks after all, so you got time if you need more time to figure out RenPy

Submitted

I just re-readed the page and, the submissions doesn't end the day 10 at 3am, the submissions starts at the day 10 at 3am. I was having already plans of working until the near end of the deadline. Darn.

Well, without much details, my visual novel of tennis with superpowers will have 4 matches instead of 2. Good, good.

Submitted

I just started writing now.  I'm walking the "So bad it's good" line right now but I'm hoping I can screw it up with crappy execution.  The little theme song I wrote is a good (bad) start.

Submitted

Yeah put as less effort as possible and it will be worth of this jam

Submitted (1 edit)

The first two VNs are absolute blood-injected rants about, you know, we all know. Idk what name that phenomenon has. Very interesting.

On a unrelated note, Should I deleted the script I was working out? Because of the rules. I was writing it days before the true start of this.

(+2)

I've been writing and asked a friend's opinion about the script. He told me that is a good an interesting. 

I guess i'll have to start again. :(

(+2)

I believe in your ability to make dogshit! You can do it!!!

Submitted

Drawing tennis rackets is so hard, so I will no put effort in it

Submitted

I'm worried my VN might not be bad enough, I might have to find a way to make it worse

Now a have to draw a lot ... :( well i cant't finish the drawings it will count as bad :)

Submitted

Just finished mine! Near the end, I started to feel like it was falling more in the "so bad it's good" category. I added some music that completely ruins that vibe so now I can confidently say it's a terrible VN lol.

Submitted

If I not manage to submit the thing before the jam closes, I would have a super even dumber visual novel that wouldn't fit in other place. Develop. Develop. Develop, repeating it in the mirror.

Submitted

Team Fortress men help me

Submitted

Poot di spenser here

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

I DID IT, I DID IT I CAN FLY LIKE GOKU BECAUSE I BELIEVE IN MY  oh wao so cool feels good really good. It's a bad visual nove, dumb tennis with super powers, but still, how cool is having submitted something

Good job to all of you, this jam was amazing. Hope Terrance wins, that is my favorite. It's going to be kind of sad to get again to (try) do good visual novels, this was fun. It would be more fun without my thing of leaving everything until it's late. Well, best wishes to everyone!!