Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Anarchist Representation

A topic by Lilith Cohen created Jan 17, 2024 Views: 253 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 2

Hello,

I'm thinking of making an Donovanian Anarchist game to add some more representation for Anarchism, is this okay as an anti-capitalist message?

Host

Hi. What kind of game are you planning to make? Are you going to defend that ideology?

Hello,

I'm thinking of making something post apocalyptic, with a grungy aesthetic. And yes I'll be defending the ideology and pose it as an alternative, while also showing other ideologies.

Host

Hi. The post apocalyptic part with grungy aesthetic sounds good.
But, just to be clear, are you going to defend racist, sexist, homophobic or fascist ideas in your game as that ideology seems to do?

It'll be less "me defending it" as in I believe in it, and more "me defending it", as in this is the ideology of the setting and how it's radically different from life today.

It's all conceptual right now. But it'll probably include multiple factions for the players so you're not pigeon-holed into something they don't like.

Host(+2)

Ok, if the game does not advocate any of those ideas there is no problem with your approach. Otherwise it will be removed from the jam and reported to itch.io. Thank you very much for asking and for your time in responding.

(+3)

Relating those ideas with anarchism makes me really sad. Also shows not much knowleadge about anarchism, here is a webpage with tons of literature if you are curious  https://theanarchistlibrary.org/special/index.
Don't let the snake-tards poison your vision about anarchism.

Host

Thanks! :)