Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

can you fix game breaking bugs during the voting period?

A topic by ThatCDGuy created 27 days ago Views: 118 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

in my submission, i noticed a major bug involving the game's camera system that makes some levels practically impossible in html. i didn't really have the time to fix it last night. can i release a patch to fix this? (i will still keep the original version available.)

Host

Hi there. I will need to have more information from you. Can we chat in discord? Thanks.

Submitted

i don't use discord, i'm not allowed.

Submitted (1 edit)

i can provide more imformation though. in my game Death Is Not The End, there is a bug causing the camera to not scroll on the html5 version. this does not occur on windows. it is present in most levels starting from "STEPPING STONES". i have figured it out and fixed it, but i don't know if i'm allowed to publish the updated version to itch.io. i still plan to keep the old version available.

Host

Well I can allow you to reupload your fixed version but since you don’t use discord the process might be a little tedious. Plus, if you reupload now, you will lose your 5 ratings. So I will actually recommend you to keep your current game as it is and only reupload it after the jam is over (since the web version can still be considered as playable up until the stepping stones level). Let me know what you think.

Submitted

i wouldn’t mind losing my ratings, will upload the fixed version when i can later today

Host

ok then, I’ve temporarily removed your game from the jam. You should be able to upload the fixed version now. Once you’re done with that, message me.

Submitted

it's uploaded now

Host

ok click this link, I’m not sure how long this link can stay active though… https://itch.io/jam/386604/add-game/2687603/2456691?token=uIG3kaLyp4QGY5x5YdeufYIWLs