Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Virtual comic strip? Interactive? Work-in-progress

A topic by Tartle Games created Aug 23, 2020 Views: 167 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 5
HostSubmitted

I started making something. I spent a lot of time thinking up an idea for an episodic comic strip sort of creation. This is what it looks like so far

I am using the Volcano part of the theme. Clearly I am an expert at 3D modeling.

Goals for the project:

• figure out Unity's Timeline feature. This will be my first time using that.
  • Figure out how to best record from a scene in unity for video. I want to put each episode in an mp4. I could screen capture, but I want to see if I can find a better way.
  • put a build on itch that can be played through one at a time.
HostSubmitted

saving this for my own reference. I just watched all these: https://learn.unity.com/tutorial/timeline#5c7f8528edbc2a002053b4e9

Jam HostSubmitted

Awesome, keep it up!

HostSubmitted

Ok it has been a crazy week for me but I am finally getting back to working on this today. I'm going to try and get everything finished this weekend.

HostSubmitted

What I've learned. Unity's timeline is still a pain in the butt to work with.  It worked a little better than what I'd done in the past, but it is still hard to work with the camera. Inserting audioclips and getting them synced correctly is pretty easy though. I still need to find a way to record video from the game camera. Never got around to that.